Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 1 week ago #15153

• veidar2
  • veidar2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
I just was in a "dogfight" game with a Norwegian and just a few other players. I tried to chat with him in Norwegian just to see what it would be like to scheme and manipulate Navajo-wise, using an almost "secret" language.

We first agreed on not shooting one another, then made plans like: "player A is good, let's gang up on him to tip the balance a bit more in favour of us".

Do you know? The others didn't like it! Even in the "dogfight" mode of play where you're supposed to be free to do what you want.

Some were obviously unhappy. Others just left the game when they saw we were exchanging messages in a language they didn't understand. - No angry words, they just left.

If squad members were to team up and exchange private messages in ordinary open-for-all games, it too might seem unfair to the others.

As it is now, with teams forming at random, irrespective of squads, and with no private chat option, it works just fine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 6 days ago #15190

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
Heh, I like making other players quit/get mad by using pure skill. I LOVE being called a hacker, hahahah. I take that as a huge compliment.

Anyways, yeah -- I've done something similar with a player who spoke French back in the day.

I don't know if you're like me -- but if you're interested in learning languages, look into Esperanto. They claim you can become fluent in 3 months, however it took me a good 4 months to get proficient. Plus, it is based on most Pan-European languages. It REALLY helped with learning more Spanish, German, etc.

Plus all the programs online to learn it are free. And I happen to know 14-15 people in my city who speak both Esperanto and English so it's fun to practice.

Look into it!

Re: Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 6 days ago #15213

• veidar2
  • veidar2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162

Slenderman wrote: I don't know if you're like me -- but if you're interested in learning languages, look into Esperanto.

I'm a language enthusiast, certainly, and was originally introduced to Esperanto as a boy scout, but what I then saw as a really ingenious idea of a simple universal language never really took off, so I decided to use my energy to improve my English, German and Italian instead.

But I have seen Esperanto mentioned more often lately. Has it been enjoying a revival these last years?

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 6 days ago #15219

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

veidar2 wrote: But I have seen Esperanto mentioned more often lately. Has it been enjoying a revival these last years?

I'd say yes by a wide variety of folks. More so by the "Hipster" crowd. Ugh.

I guess their native language is just too "Mainstream". :whistle:

;)

Re: Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 6 days ago #15239

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
lol, hipsters just cant get a break! :P :P

did u seriously make people mad like that? it might annoy me, but i assume no aces quit, right? if they get mad at people being better than them, well, theyre not aces. its fun making people mad with skill tho. slenderman, what moves do u use to get called a hacker? i've been called a lawnmower before! lol, i like it when newbies freak on me for going on anti-ace killing streaks! :P
See you in the skies!

Re: Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 6 days ago #15286

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Yeah, all the time. Sometimes if I have a problem with someone -- I wont banter on and on with them. I'll instead ONLY target them until they quit. It's quite effective. Usually players will curse me out and leave. I always laugh.

People think I hack the sensitivity (though I keep it at 75%), when in reality I use very confusing combat maneuvers when someone tries to "circle duel" with me.

Re: Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 5 days ago #15294

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
Ive seen those confusing meneuvers slenderman......nice

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 5 days ago #15386

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Heh, only you and Rickenfaker seem to be the only ones who keep up. Good work on that. ;)

Re: Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 5 days ago #15401

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Even sky, dawson, and 420 cant? Wow, i havent had the privilige of playing you much, but im impressed! Wanna play now?
See you in the skies!

Re: Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 5 days ago #15402

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
I would -- but I'm actually just going to bed. I was on a LOT earlier today and yesterday though.

But I gotta get some sleep. I discovered this insane new sets for working out. Gosh, I'm already feeling it. So I'll probably just take a break tomorrow and let my muscles repair while I play more Dogfight. :)

Re: Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 5 days ago #15410

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
K. Lol, im sooooo outa practice! Lots of homework, baseball games/practice, guitar, etc. i just played a few games, and man, i havent played that bad since before i was a group captain! Except when i was in the car, but thats different. :P ;)
See you in the skies!

Re: Private messages would be good for squads, but... 12 years 5 days ago #15435

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Hahahah, I've come to find cars & subways awful places to play Dogfight. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds