Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14856

• killerbadger
  • killerbadger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Im in 111 falcon squadron but i just want to find out how you make a squadron?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14867

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
You can't yet.

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14869

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

Slenderman wrote: You can't yet.

I guess that begs the question about how the current squadrons and their ownership came into being...

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14870

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

PluribusUnum wrote:

Slenderman wrote: You can't yet.

I guess that begs the question about how the current squadrons and their ownership came into being...

Not really, if you refer back to the original Squadrons thread (created by Zuperman), you'll see he was briefly taking requests and that's how the current squadrons came to be. They were all created in the span of 1-3 days. I don't know if it would be a good idea for Zuperman to open it up to just anyone making squadrons. Because there will be LOTS of "one man squadrons" where people create them -- but put absolutely no work into them. The three respected/major squadrons of Dogfight are The Enigma Corps, 111th Falcon and WUDF.

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14871

• Kazee83
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
It would be great if some people would take the time to help pick up some of the "dead" squadrons and recruit some people. Either that or Z's gonna have to get rid of several and then allow a few select new squadrons to be formed.

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14879

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
I would -- but none of their leaders seem to even want to put an ounce of effort into them, hahahah.

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14882

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I would put some effort into that. B)
[img]i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/myatsoethet/squadleader.jpg[/img]

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14892

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I really think there should be a Black Sheep Squadron for lousy fliers and misfits like me.

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14901

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I'll join it pluribus....,.we can fly around and shoot each other....lol

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14904

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Both of u are good fighters. Give urself a little credit. And pluribus I understand that ur phone is messed up, u cant do anything abiut it. And jackson u only fight noobs. If u want to get better, dont leave every time a ace joins the game. I always stay when someone like watup or any other ace joins, even though I get raped. But thevpoint is that u are improving and soon ur going to be able to beat them ifbu practice enough. And dont ever get cokkey. Like skydavis said.

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14905

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

General jackson wrote: I'll join it pluribus....,.we can fly around and shoot each other....lol

Black Sheep Squadron: Home of Dysfunctional Troublemakers :lol:

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14909

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
@bomber...i dont fight just noobs...lol...i have played with many aces ...quite often....i have been complimented by them too..matter of fact, i just played with watup. I got creamated, but i also took him down plenty....the reason i leave when u or others come on is because i get kicked alot and also try finding games without snow...its hard to see and my phone lags because of it....

Sometimes i try to find a game without aces so that i can get my kill/ death ratio where i want it to be ( thats just me)

Also dont talk to your elders that way...lololol...just messin

Thanks bomber

P.s. you will never see me cocky...thats not how i am

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14910

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162

Slenderman wrote: ...none of their leaders seem to even want to put an ounce of effort into them...

Which points at the real driving force behind the squadrons: Slenderman's effort.

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14911

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Kazee83 wrote: Z's gonna have to ... allow a few select new squadrons to be formed.

I think that almost all players who want to be part of a squadron are so already.

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14912

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

veidar2 wrote:

Kazee83 wrote: Z's gonna have to ... allow a few select new squadrons to be formed.

I think that almost all players who want to be part of a squadron are so already.

No, but then I refuse to join any squadron that would have me as a member. :P

Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14915

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
One of Slenderman's ideas was that squadron members should identify themselves by adding a letter in square brackets to their in-game name.

the [e] in front of the name is in fact used by a few "enigma" members, and in my opinion there is no need for more than that to identify squad members.

The way I see it a single letter like that is a much better squad tag than the extra line of text above the rank symbols which is in use today.

If all players become squad members, the sky might almost fill up with text even during a medium crowded dogfight.

It might become the opposite problem of the no-name pilots. It would clutter up the screen so much that it might make it difficult to see the planes.

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14919

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

veidar2 wrote: One of Slenderman's ideas was that squadron members should identify themselves by adding a letter in square brackets to their in-game name.

the [e] in front of the name is in fact used by a few "enigma" members, and in my opinion there is no need for more than that to identify squad members.

The way I see it a single letter like that is a much better squad tag than the extra line of text above the rank symbols which is in use today.

If all players become squad members, the sky might almost fill up with text even during a medium crowded dogfight.

It might become the opposite problem of the no-name pilots. It would clutter up the screen so much that it might make it difficult to see the planes.

The planes are already impossible to see unless they're less than 10 yards away. So who cares if the screen is cluttered with gibberish?

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14921

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

PluribusUnum wrote: So who cares if the screen is cluttered with gibberish?

I, for one, care.

The creator(s) of Dogfight have put a lot of work into the scenery and the 3D modelling of houses, tanks, airplanes etc., trying as much as possible to convey a feeling of reality to the gameplay.

To cover it with extra, completely unnecessary text, detracts from that experience.

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14925

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Whenever an ace joins the game, I always say to mysel,"yes!! Now I might move up in the top 100 players!"
[img]i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/myatsoethet/squadleader.jpg[/img]

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14926

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Historygeek13 wrote: Whenever an ace joins the game, I always say to mysel,"yes!! Now I might move up in the top 100 players!"

When an ace enters the game, I always say to myself, "Yes!! Now my current and normally-awful 1:7 kill:deaths ratio is going to go to a vomit-inducing 1:20 in this game and I'll fall further behind the top 100 players!"

Last edit: by [b]pluribus.

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14927

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

veidar2 wrote:

PluribusUnum wrote: So who cares if the screen is cluttered with gibberish?

I, for one, care.

The creator(s) of Dogfight have put a lot of work into the scenery and the 3D modelling of houses, tanks, airplanes etc., trying as much as possible to convey a feeling of reality to the gameplay.

To cover it with extra, completely unnecessary text, detracts from that experience.

I was being a little tongue-in-cheek, but the issue remains that those players who can see enemy planes have an absolute advantage over those who cannot.

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14959

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
^^lol, thats funny! :P :P So how can some players see a plane when you can't? If you mean that they have a better angle, then fly to a different positon. If theres a cloud of enemies and ur on ur own, well, fly straight up. you'll be able to single them out. as for your ktd ratio, we all started out like that. it just takes time.

See you in the skies! :)
See you in the skies!

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14966

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: ^^lol, thats funny! :P :P So how can some players see a plane when you can't? If you mean that they have a better angle, then fly to a different positon. If theres a cloud of enemies and ur on ur own, well, fly straight up. you'll be able to single them out. as for your ktd ratio, we all started out like that. it just takes time.

It's a matter of device size and resolution. I'm playing on a crappy old low-res phone with a low-contrast screen, and I'm pretty sure folks playing on newer, larger phones and tablets can see planes when I can't. For some reason, my account won't transfer to my newer phone without making me an aspirant again and losing all my points and planes. FWIW, I currently have a bit over 1700 kills and about 11500 deaths. And that ratio is getting worse by the day, probably because I'm trying to race with the equivalent of a Model T while everyone else is moving to Ferraris and such (and apart from the fact that I'm a lousy shot to begin with).

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14969

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack

PluribusUnum wrote:

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: ^^lol, thats funny! :P :P So how can some players see a plane when you can't? If you mean that they have a better angle, then fly to a different positon. If theres a cloud of enemies and ur on ur own, well, fly straight up. you'll be able to single them out. as for your ktd ratio, we all started out like that. it just takes time.

It's a matter of device size and resolution. I'm playing on a crappy old low-res phone with a low-contrast screen, and I'm pretty sure folks playing on newer, larger phones and tablets can see planes when I can't. For some reason, my account won't transfer to my newer phone without making me an aspirant again and losing all my points and planes. FWIW, I currently have a bit over 1700 kills and about 11500 deaths. And that ratio is getting worse by the day, probably because I'm trying to race with the equivalent of a
Model T while everyone else is moving to Ferraris and such (and apart from the fact that I'm a lousy shot to begin with).

Hello pluribus...seeing your ratio is that bad.,wouldnt it be better to start a new account on your better device?

You have been in the game long enough, it probably would take too long for you to gain your ranking back....

Take care
james

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomer1

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14976

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
lol, dont wory plur. what u do is hit "already have an account" or something like that, and type in ur email and ur dogfight password. the one u used to sign up for the game. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14991

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: lol, dont wory plur. what u do is hit "already have an account" or something like that, and type in ur email and ur dogfight password. the one u used to sign up for the game. :)

I do, but then I'm offered an Aspirant rank and a spanking new Sopwith Camel because I have to have a higher rank for the other planes. Oh, and no points. As I said, there's something screwed up with my account that Zuperman cannot fix (and I get the feeling he has no idea at all what's wrong).

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14993

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

General jackson wrote:

PluribusUnum wrote:

It's a matter of device size and resolution. I'm playing on a crappy old low-res phone with a low-contrast screen, and I'm pretty sure folks playing on newer, larger phones and tablets can see planes when I can't. For some reason, my account won't transfer to my newer phone without making me an aspirant again and losing all my points and planes. FWIW, I currently have a bit over 1700 kills and about 11500 deaths. And that ratio is getting worse by the day, probably because I'm trying to race with the equivalent of a
Model T while everyone else is moving to Ferraris and such (and apart from the fact that I'm a lousy shot to begin with).

Hello pluribus...seeing your ratio is that bad.,wouldnt it be better to start a new account on your better device?

You have been in the game long enough, it probably would take too long for you to gain your ranking back....

Take care
james

I'll never get to my rank again, nor break the top 500, starting out as an Aspirant in a Sopwith Camel. As I mentioned, I'm already a lousy shot and that won't make me any better.

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14995

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Hey jackson u dont need to find a game with noobs every now and then. Us ratio goes up automatically I started with a 1kill 8death ratio now its like 3:1.

Re: Squadron names on screen 12 years 1 week ago #14997

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Pluribus u would be the best and u would fly by and u are gonna get to top 100much faster then the account ur in.

Re: How do you create a squadron 12 years 1 week ago #14998

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bomer1 wrote: Hey jackson u dont need to find a game with noobs every now and then. Us ratio goes up automatically I started with a 1kill 8death ratio now its like 3:1.

LOL. I'm at 1:7 KTD ratio after all this time...and I'm guessing I'll never get to 1:6.

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds