Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14075

• |111th|Kevy
  • |111th|Kevy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
One more annoying discrepancy. Now people are turning into men and hanging out by and on enemy carrier in capture the carrier. When you land they shoot you and if they get on carrier the move the timer and don't get camping timer.The worst part is they show up on radar in a different spot and you can't see them? People with high rank have indisructible planes or magically disappear and reappear? Game is getting to wacko for me I'll try later but for now it's lost it's appeal.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14077

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
You say this all like it's a bad thing. :whistle:

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14078

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
I like this feature, and yes, I've been running around on carriers as a soldier for ages. It doesn't seem to move the meter as much as a plane. And there certainly is a timer, but it resets easily (jump). To kill a soldier, it takes (a) knowing he's there, and (b) some tight aim with the gun or bomb. Just be careful not to run or jump off the sidesnof the ship! I think it adds an interesting element.
Manfred

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14080

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Yeah, I think it's great!

I felt like the Marines who stand guard at the edges of America's Navy Carriers. Three people on my team were all shot down trying to capture a carrier. So all we did is run around, shoot at planes and hide in this neat little almost enclosed area.

I laughed though at the tank's physics. For some reason, the carrier kept moving but our tanks stayed in place and eventually were left floating in the air.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14094

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well maybe not bad for game but bad for me. The main reason dogfight appealed to me was the "Dogfight" . If I wanted a combat sim with tanks and soldier you know there are way better ones out there. Because flying was the main component I loved it and just when squadrons were getting implemented its been turned into a combat sim were the flying portion is just going to turn out to be a transport thing with people actually wanting shot down so they can convert. Soo...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seattle2, junkhole61

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14103

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162

Kevy wrote: Well maybe not bad for game but bad for me. The main reason dogfight appealed to me was the "Dogfight"

Hear! Hear!
If it develops more and more into a ground combat game, Dogfight may perhaps attract more users (although I doubt it), but it's original , very special appeal will be lost. Please Z! Keep the non flight-simulator additions secondary to the original very successful framework of the game. If the ground combat options become more attractive than the flight simulator part of the game, they might need to be tuned down a little.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, Seattle2, pownage, junkhole61

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14108

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Yeah, I must say -- it'd be cool to see some more stuff now when it comes to air combat.

Like some new planes! :D

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14125

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
haha, the tank thing is funny slenderman! :) i've had tanks on carriers, but i didnt know that they could float! hmmm... possibilities! :) btw, how do u jump? :? i havent figured it out, and im sure its right infront of me, i just cat see it. :P :P :) lol
See you in the skies!

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14137

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Apple can't jump, sadly. Only phones and androids can jump because the have keyboards. You touch the space button.....but it doesn't work if you hit it on the typing thingy-ma-hu'sit.
[img]i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/myatsoethet/squadleader.jpg[/img]

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14166

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Kevy is trying to say that its not fair in capture the carrier soldier get to camp on carriers while planes have a timer. And I have lost couple of missions like that. Zup can u just make it so u can see soldiers on a carrier or a function so that u cant become a solder on carrier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, Seattle2

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14172

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Exactly Bomber! I don't want to be negative about this game. I think it is awsome! But I do favor the flying and dogfighting being the priority with tanks and soldiers having less impact. If it becomes a ground war then the dogfighting will become transporting. No pilot is going to want to fly around waiting for someone who wants to dogfight and can actually fly! Plus it will have peps who get in game and leave and get in game and leave ect. ect. Just so they get what they want.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14187

• Seattle2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Maybe if Z creates a choose your game option, the flying purists can have some fly only scenarios.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14188

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
I think chose a game option would be bad. Everyone would play one mission. The whole points of diff mission is to pick up new skill 1 mission 1 skill. many diff missions many diff skills. People would only play missions they like.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14242

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
No one is listening because you aren't messaging myself or other Dogfight staff, hahahah.

1. Something is being done.

2. Something is being done.

3. You need to also "upgrade" the planes as well.

4. You need to watch your tail while in combat. It's your fault if you're being tailed. Move around a lot.

5. This isn't that big of a problem. I'm guessing your device has a small screen. Nothing can be done about that.

Next time, contact myself -- Manfred or Zuperman. Cheers.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14245

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
eh, i think 5 CAN be a problem if all the printing consists of "MBizzi" "B Strachan" "Watup" "[e]Slenderman" "Samweb" :P ;) lol, thats the only time its a problem, cuz u dont really have a prayer of shooting more than 3 of them before you die, and thatd take luck and them NOT being all crowded. you can probably get 1-2 of them when theyre all clumped, but its MUCH harder. :) :P

as for being tailed, well, look behind u :P like slenderman said, it just takes being alert. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14246

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Someone on your side should be above 500 or someone can attack from above 1500 without being seen until its to late!

1 and 2 I always blamed on no apple update. :whistle: so they should be addressed soon.

Like slender said you have to upgrade, there is a advantage for those with fast Internet if your running slow. That's just a fact with any game. If you watch other players sometimes they can turn sharper than you other times you got them. If your lagging the guy with a good connection can disappear and suddenly re-appear on your tail. When you see this don't wait evasive maneuvers immediately! "It's just a game" is what I keep telling myself.

If you want a reply from Zuperman or echoboom try posting in feedback or support? Doesn't seem to make a difference. Any changes in game comes from him.

I usually post in gossip because I'm just usually putting in my two cents for what it's worth.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14255

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thats what "feedback" means kevy! ;) B)
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14318

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Its probly the bullets that they fired before they died or a little lag. Or a chute. If its watup then its defiantly the chute he always kills me with a chute.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14319

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bomber is right there. Some pilots are more deadly in chutes than planes! If I kill wat up he shoots me down in his chute more often than not. Even if I'm barrel rolling and juking away!

I knew you weren't a stranger to flying wumper! Your getting better by the game! After a while you'll pick up on the super planes? They are sometimes a way lower rank and they out class even my top planes. It's not the pilots your right they have some sort of edge (not lag for sure). I just leave and find a more realistic game. People that exploit the game by spawn killing and such aren't really getting the spirit of the game. I think when squad fighting starts and the focus is in winning the mission this game will really shine. The teams that work together and can communicate will rise to the top. The exploiters and selfish players will get blasted out of the shadows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: junkhole61

Last edit: by |111th|Kevy.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14326

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lets see if any of this helps. :)

1: This was dealt with MONTHS ago, so they can only stay on an enemy carrier for 90 seconds, then they are killed. As for spawnkilling at an airfield, well, we all hate it too. Tank reload time was recently shortened, so its much harder to get away now. If a plane is spawnkilling you, well, getting out of that requires a: the enemy plane is distraced by a teammate, which gets your teammate killed; or; b: you get up while theyre turning, drop your bomb, and try to down the spawnkiller. This takes some real skill, but ive seen you, your pretty good. :)

2: In practice mode, yes, the enemy has insanely agile and fast planes that you cant HOPE to kill in a turning fight. Same with those tanks. In multiplayer, its simply that theyve upgraded their planes more. Dont worry about it. Everyone deals with it, and lots of us that dont pay for credits (either out of lack of funds, or the principle of the thing) still deal with it. If theyre not in a plane with superior stats, then they dont carry a bomb. It makes you faster and more agile, but, you dont have a bomb. Thats the only downside except the lost accuracy from the extra sensitivity.

3: Yeah, the writings annoying. A tactic to deal with enemies clogging the screen with text is to shoot them down. ;) haha, jk. If theyre flying level. Go above them, and the text will spread out some. Much easier to kill them. If you mean the chat at the left, well, sorry, its part of the game. Lots of people love the social aspect of this game. :)

4: Immunity is a glitch. Z intended it to make it impossible to kill people on the runway, or kill newbies for a few seconds afterward. Sometimes it extends. It only happens on appel devices, but its annoying, huh? We all deal with it tho, so it kinda evens out. Theyve got an immune guy, you might have an immune guy. Its close-ish to fair.

5: Its either lag, or bullets they shot befor they died. My only advice: kill them sooner. ;)

6: Another glitch, but this is partially ur fault. If your firing, and u move ur finger off of the button, the bullets become sporatic, not as regular. They beign to fire in pulses. Keep ur finger on the button, and it wont happen anymore. :)

7: There is no #7. Good luck, and I'll see you in the skies! :)
See you in the skies!

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14327

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

Stuart wrote: Kevy: it is players like you, that keep people, like me, in the game. I have written 20 messages to address issues. Only twice I'd anyone respond, & the answers were insulting.

Like I said before -- you aren't writing the correct people.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14331

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Slenderman wrote:

Stuart wrote: Kevy: it is players like you, that keep people, like me, in the game. I have written 20 messages to address issues. Only twice I'd anyone respond, & the answers were insulting.

Like I said before -- you aren't writing the correct people.

I think he knows that or Stuart would be PMing me which he's not. It's just nice to know someone is reading your post that may agree with you or at least care.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14341

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
I think you missed my point, heh. :P

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14342

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Slenderman wrote: I think you missed my point, heh. :P

I'm sorry and that would be?..

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14359

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

Kevy wrote:

Don't get snarky with me, pal. It's blatantly clear. I was merely explaining how if he doesn't approve of criticism of asking a question here on the forum ("rude replies", which I have yet to see), he should just message you since you two seem to be keen. Either that or one of the forum staff.

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14371

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Slenderman wrote:

Kevy wrote:

Don't get snarky with me, pal. It's blatantly clear. I was merely explaining how if he doesn't approve of criticism of asking a question here on the forum ("rude replies", which I have yet to see), he should just message you since you two seem to be keen. Either that or one of the forum staff.

Whoa! Snarky? I genuinely didn't get that's were you we're coming from. I've posted and not got any legitimate answers and I sympathized with him. That's all! Not everone agrees with what other people say and not everything is malicious or snarky ( not quite sure what that means sorry).

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14389

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
I am with kevy hear on what dose snarky mean. :)

Re: Enemy men on carrier in capture carrier? 12 years 2 weeks ago #14390

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Kinda sarcastic, annoying, snotty, etc.
See you in the skies!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds