Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ranking System 12 years 3 weeks ago #13741

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13143
Hi there,

Since there seems o be some confusion as to how the ranking is calculated I follow to explain:

1) Your rank. If you are a rank #22, you'll be higher on the rankings than any #21
2) Your points. When your rank is equal, your points (the blue bar at the top center), is what set you apart. The closer your points are to the next rank, the higher on your own ranking you'll be.

Nothing else is taken into consideration since the more kills, hangars bombed, wins, etc. you get, the more points you'll get so you'll be higher on the ranks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, Slenderman, [NLR]*XxXxX*, isaactheman, |111th|Kevy, SkyDavis, CalvinIsAwesome, veidar2, Seattle2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Ranking System 12 years 3 weeks ago #13747

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Thanks for helping out any new players, Z!! I'm sure they'll appreciate it!! :):)
See you in the skies!

Re: Ranking System 12 years 3 weeks ago #13759

• Cangrejomg
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • [e]Guatever
  • Thank you received: 43
Hola Zuperman, quizá puedas explicarlo también en el apartado en español, aún no comprendo bien esto de los puntos, también me gustaría saber si hay forma de perder puntos.

Gracias.
Nos vemos en los cielos!!! B)

Re: Ranking System 12 years 3 weeks ago #13811

• _eBu_
  • Thank you received: 23
hi,
i just wanna clarify some conflict i feel in the ranking list, namely;
how is the guy listed above as almost all of his statistics are worse than the other guy, since the points are calculated per # of kills/bombs..etc.

# of kills # hangars bombed # of deads # crashed Won Games
1229- 36- 2386- 761- 116
3255- 276- 2015- 838- 275

they're both the same rank..
i didnt give the player names not to disturb, but i can private..

Last edit: by _eBu_. Reason: appearance of numbers..

Re: Ranking System 12 years 2 weeks ago #13832

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
I can explane this one. If you look the lad below the guy with littal amount if kills hangers bombed he has a ton of crashes and crashing takes your points away or exp as I should say. The chap above him has not to many crashes and he has been shot down a bunch but he probly parashuts and if you survive parishuting you get some points for it.

Re: Ranking System 12 years 2 weeks ago #13855

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Thanks Z! :cheer:
[img]i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/myatsoethet/squadleader.jpg[/img]

Re: Ranking System 12 years 2 weeks ago #13978

• _eBu_
thanks for the explanation sky, but have a look at that;
the guy listed above has 2,026 less kills, 240 less bombing, 371 more deads,77 less crashes, 159 less won games.

this means his only advantegeous statistic is 77 less crashes, but still above in the list.
even if he survives at each dead, he should not be able to compensate the other statistics, dont you agree..

Re: Ranking System 12 years 2 weeks ago #13979

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I agree. I think that killing higher ranked players MIGHT give u more points, but idk. I never pay attention cuz i dont care. :P Z said that was the case once, but that was a long time ago. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: Ranking System 12 years 2 weeks ago #13998

• Seattle2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Zuperman, Great game and amazing work. Can you please just fully disclose the point values for different game actions?!? It might satisfy a lot of players to know. (I noticed that after I bought my planes I had "change" leftover in points/coins that could be part of my total?)

Here is an example of the confusion. I'm ranked about #185 in the game overall but I'm not on the list of the top 25 at my rank.

But... compared to the Top 25 Brig Genls, I'd be 9th highest in Kills, 17th highest in Hangers Bombed, 19th with most Deads, 10th with the fewest Crashes, and 13th with most Won Games. It would seem pretty logical that I'd be in the top 25 at my rank.

Can you share more... or maybe we can all start a thread with the point values we see coming up in the game?

Re: Ranking System 12 years 2 weeks ago #14354

• Hodge
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes, z, please share with us the weightings you use for the various categories. Then those seriously concerned can have the enormous pleasure of arguing till the end of doomsday about what the weightings SHOULD be, instead of playing the great game :-) , , ,

Re: Ranking System 12 years 2 weeks ago #14376

• Seattle2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Great point Hodge! Maybe it's best not to unleash that one! I retract my question... :cheer:

Re: Ranking System 12 years 2 weeks ago #14379

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol, ive said the same thing in the past. You can figure it out, just pay close attention! :P
See you in the skies!

Re: Ranking System 12 years 2 weeks ago #14393

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

_eBu_ wrote: thanks for the explanation sky, but have a look at that;
the guy listed above has 2,026 less kills, 240 less bombing, 371 more deads,77 less crashes, 159 less won games.

this means his only advantegeous statistic is 77 less crashes, but still above in the list.
even if he survives at each dead, he should not be able to compensate the other statistics, dont you agree..

371 deads if he parishute and survives he gets points for surviving 50 points to survive parishuting. The othere guy seems that when he is shot down he just instantly presses respaen so he dose not get thouse points for parishuting. So there are two things that could be helping him out. Also this guy could end up in more zeplen games as a German than the other guy. In the zep games you can easily get 3k points out of it with out geting a kill.
I hope this helps you.

Re: Ranking System 12 years 2 weeks ago #14408

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Sky I think u only get 50 points if u get a chute kill and 25 for surviving-not sure though.

Re: Ranking System 12 years 1 week ago #14532

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162

zuperman wrote: Nothing else is taken into consideration since the more kills, hangars bombed, wins, etc. you get, the more points you'll get so you'll be higher on the ranks.

Excuse me for bringing this up again, but I see from the discussion that it may not be quite so simple. B)

When the person on top of the list for my rank is FAR below nr 11 on the list (bottom of the screen) in kills, hangars and wins, and much higher in deaths and crashes, - does that have to do with the points earned from parachuting successfully to the ground, and for killing higher ranked players?

I have no qualms about printing this with names and all, since it's publicly available on this forum and no secret, and after all it's just a game!! :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Seattle2

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: Ranking System 12 years 1 week ago #14534

• Seattle2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks Veidar. I tried to solve an equation to explain the ranks and it is clear there are key factors that aren't in that table that change the rankings - carriers bombed, successful parachute landings, zepplin strikes, etc.

I love the game, play for fun, and I play to the mission often at the sacrifice of my own points...but it is satisfying and fun to see improvement in rank and points so it would be great to know more.

Re: Ranking System 12 years 1 week ago #14537

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
If everyone knew exactly how the point system worked and exploited the weaknesses then gameplay would suffer. An analogy would be a search engine. Once people knew how to exploit it it's basically worthless to the user. So I'm for a little mystery as people that play get points and level up at a realitively equal rate. Which is what they are supposed to do. Although it is an honor to be up in the top ranks it shows you've been around a while and you are a expert pilot. B. Strachen is on top right now and he deserves it. He is a true Ace. But I'm sure he would be the first to say there are pilots just as good in the lower ranks. Better than him? That would have to be settled in the game not on a scoreboard.

Re: Ranking System 12 years 1 week ago #14538

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
One more thing(sorry). Look at our top 100 list. Their aren't any that are still playing you could say is a pushover unless you yourself are experienced! Not many game rankings can say that with the hackers and point mongers out there.

Re: Ranking System 12 years 1 week ago #14540

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
Once again, there are no hackers in Dogfight. Only people who spawn kill/lag.

Re: Ranking System 12 years 1 week ago #14606

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
And lag. And people with ninja moves. ;)
See you in the skies!

Re: Ranking System 12 years 1 week ago #14614

• _eBu_
everbody writing/argueing here, is already here to enjoy this great game hodge :)but it is still not an obstacle to argue some points that are not so clear personally,on the contrary this is to enjoy the game more.
as veidar and seattle advised, the examples can be multiplied, even with cases of high rank players with more deads compared to kills. anyway, the point is, is there some more pointing rules, and if so is it convenient to publish it to the players.
by hook or by crook, of course we will keep enjoying in the skies..cheers..

Re: Ranking System 12 years 1 week ago #14718

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

Kevy wrote: One more thing(sorry). Look at our top 100 list. Their aren't any that are still playing you could say is a pushover unless you yourself are experienced! Not many game rankings can say that with the hackers and point mongers out there.

I'm experienced, but I probably can't fly 1:1 vs. anyone in the top 500-1000, much less the top 100, without the probability of losing the match. My kill:killed ratio is about 1:4 (even aspirants can shoot me down from time to time). Fortunately I can see large enough targets to bomb, and I've been blessed to be on good teams where I've racked up quite a few game wins. But in dogfights, I'm more of a liability than an asset to my team.

Re: Ranking System 12 years 1 week ago #14728

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Slenderman wrote: Once again, there are no hackers in Dogfight. Only people who spawn kill/lag.

I was referring to other online games not dogfight .

Re: Ranking System 12 years 1 week ago #15072

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
pluribus, dont get so down on urself. everyone sucks at the beginning, it just takes some practice. :)
See you in the skies!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.636 seconds