Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1309

• Ace of the sky
  • Ace of the sky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
The update is awesome. Zuperman out did himself. That is what I think about the update. I want to know what you think. I hope you will tell us what you think.
Flying is my life, you are free to do whatever you want. I fly to control the sky, the sky is my battlefield and playground. Why do you fly?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1310

• Sparky8977
  • Thank you received: 0
Wish I could tell you, but I haven't been able to log in since I got the update :(
There are old pilots and bold pilots but........uh......crap..........what was I talking about?

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1313

• SkyRaider
Same I gust got the game 3 days ago and today I got the update and I could not play multiplayer and I can't fly the Red Baron and the Spad S.VIII and I can't play any of the missions ether and I says I have to subscribe again then it says I've already done it. Someone please help, I wanna play dogfight multiplayer :( :angry:
:) :side: :D :lol:

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1314

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
  • Thank you received: 543
Ehh, I don't like the new planes. They're too slow for me. Also I got demoted from Marshal of the Royal Air Force to Major General :((

If thats the way to exterminate, it'll take too freaken looonng

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1318

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
*420* i'm gonna kill you... you haven't been demoted, in fact you are the highest ranked player in the whole game! :P
www.dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/4-a.../1158-new-ranks#1158

About the people not able to log in, if you had subscribed, just enter your itunes password and wait for 5 to 10 seconds... it should download the information and remove the "subscribe" button from screen. It just needs a few seconds for apple to send the subscription info back, if you close the game before... it will just not get it.

I hope that fixes it.

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1319

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
I WAS!!!!! Now I'm ll Major General :P :P

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1322

• Victor
  • I sting like a beemer
Djde im only 10 and im one of the best shooters.
victor

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1329

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@gyshan and 420

Yes gyshan, 420 has higher rank than you :P

420, nope no demoted. I think I have to explain myself better since most people is still not understanding the ranking change.

Forget your rank name, just remember the level number. Until yesterday, the highest rank was #14. Just check this list: www.dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/4-announcements/14-ranks
Count from bottom to top... the top one is the #14 = Marshal of the Royal Air Force.

Now, new system... instead of 14, there are 31 ranks. So you can move up to 31 now, but the problem is that new "names" are hard to come by. So the names had to be changed to accomodate for the new numbers. If you go and check the new rank list and count #14... where do you land? www.dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/4-a.../1158-new-ranks#1158

II Air Commodore = #14.

The rank # hasn't changed, it's just the naming it's different. So the highest level people had before was #14 (now it's called II Air Commodore), but you are still on the same rank #14.

On top of that, I kept track of your points. So eventhough you were rank #14 and you could not go higher because there was nothing higher than that, I was storing your progress internally. What happened then?

When the new system come to life, I've got all your points, calculated whether with the points you had you would have moved up a rank to #15 and then moved you up one level (and reduced those points). Still more points? maybe you made it to #16... so moved you up to #16 and reduced the points. Still more points? hey... so keep repeating. In your particular case you had so many points that you were actually promoted from rank #14 to #20 (the current top player in the game, nobody is more than #20 right now). Now go to the list again: www.dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/4-a.../1158-new-ranks#1158
Count 20 ranks and where do you land? II Major General.

I hope that explained why you are actually being promoted (not demoted) 6 ranks and why your points seemed "lost", they were just exchanged by ranks. You went from rank #14 to #20 with all the collected points you had. The rank "name" it's just different because I needed to expand it to 31.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1337

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@skyraider if you had subscribed, just enter your itunes password and wait for 5 to 10 seconds... it should download the information and remove the "subscribe" button from screen. It just needs a few seconds for apple to send the subscription info back, if you close the game before... it will just not get it.

I hope that fixes it.

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1348

• Wat up dogfight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Be Respectful and be bountiful to others:);)
  • Thank you received: 24
Hey, I think the update i pretty cool. I like the albatros plane better than the neuport though. Now with the new rankng system im trying to get back to brigadier general :cheer:
If you lose in the outside you win in the inside.

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1357

• Stoopkid115
I tried re-entering my password and waited a couple minutes, nothing happened at all. Still can't play.

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1359

• CnyRon
  • Bonsi
I just did the second update for the day. Now its saying can't install to sd or storage device. I have plenty of room

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1366

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
cnyron, try rebooting your phone.
Otherwise check this out since it seem a common problem on android:
www.dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/5-d...b-storage-or-sd-card

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1381

• INDY77
  • "It screamed like an eagle, but fell like a rock"
Lol @ Gyshan...
"It screamed like an eagle, but fell like a rock..."

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1382

• INDY77
Hey Zuperman! I love what you have done with the game! Those aircraft carriers are going to be great! The only thing though is that the carriers should be a bit slower maybe. I know carriers were not around in WWI but a WWII carrier only did about 30mph max... I can actually go slow enough for the carrier to go faster than me... also I tested out the second carrier and it moves even faster and did not register any score change on the bars at the top of the screen. I love the landing in the hangars, but could you add maybe low level lighting from the ceiling in there as would be in a real carrier? Or maybe wall ship lights?...

Second: the new planes look beautiful! I love them. They are great, but the..... red barron still out manuvers them. I dropped my bomb and was still out turned by a mediocure player... also, as these new planes are supposed to have more armarment, could you at least add a side by side gun like on the red barron? As the new planes are supposed to have even more armarment then could we have a third gun up high on the upper wing as in the movie flyboys to give a triangle patterned shooting spread??..... PPPLLLEEEAAAASSSSEEE???........ Other than that, the new planes perform great if you know how to use them! I haven't gone back to the others since these came out!

I think each level of plane should have an extra gun (1, 2, and 3 guns) plus more armor on the lesser planes and more and more manuverability on the better planes. Don't change the manuverability on the new planes though. The slow and average speed and manuverability with a bomb is great, then the plane jumps to a ferrari when you drop the bomb.... forces us pros to ditch the bomb tobe able to fight. I think its fair.

On the tanks: can we get a single machine gun to switch to from cannon to defend ourselves from aircraft? Maybe reduce the tank armor by a hit or two to compensate?

Lastly..... Santa, can I have a toy fire engine, a rocket, a pony, and an achievment for shooting me down?..... I'm jealous of 420 and Gyshan. Lol

Ok. I'm out of breath. Are we there yet?.....

Indy
The following user(s) said Thank You: beedee

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1383

• Louie
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 4
The update is ok sopwith camel is way to slow pretty much fall out of the sky when turning spad is still locked after Paying for it been demoted from wing commander 3 times now pretty annoyed I do think zuperman did a great job on the game just too much b******* we have gotton all of these new updates and the game is so full of crap it's not even fun anymore the best time the gsme was fun was when it came out all this new rank speed only certain planes are better its just becoming one of this gsme Estes there's just to much crap on it anyway that's my opinion

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1384

• Louie
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
And other thing the update did not fix subscribe thing like I enter password it take subribe thing of spad is locked. Practice is locked to and If I were to play multiplayer and log out the subscribe thing would be the again freaking Anoyying

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1385

• INDY77
Hell no dude! I think all the additions are great! You have to remember that all this is supposed to be WWI stuff.... things hardly worked and had next to no power.... The Sopwith Cammel was a flying crate that usually killed its pilots. If this was a WWII game i'd be asking for flaps, air brakes, and player controlled landing gear!

I still want user adjustable weapons aim adjustments for near and far combat to pilot preference. I also would like to be able to switch aircraft if I choose after each death. A 5 second selection menue of your next aircraft would be nice or a selection screen while playing like the player stats scroll would be nice.

Also, even though it wouldn't be realistic to history, having aircraft on both sides being equal to its level counterpart in speed, armarment, and manuverability would be nice to keep things fair for game purposes.

You should also read the previous comments by Zuperman... The ranking structure has changed, but you kept your position in earned rank. Only the names of the rank positions has changed to allow for more ranks to be put in. Everybody is still on the same rank level compared to everybody else. We all have had the same change.

I would however like an option to be able to select whether I equip my plane with one big bomb or two little bombs...

I also think it would be hilarious to have a bomber added to the game that we could choose to fly instead of a fighter. Maybe with a rear AI gunner....... slow, not agile, lots of bombs. It would really add to the team work game.

I would also like to see a selection of game types to choose from. Death match, zepplin, and carrier.

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1386

• INDY77
Hey Zuperman. Could you please take the map/radar off the control consol and put it in a toggle menu page like the player stats scroll? Its anoyingly in the way and I think gives an unfair unrealistic advantage.

Also, is it possible to make it so that you don't show up on a persons radar if your behind a hill or mountain to them and your name doesn't show on the screen through a hill or mountain? It would be nice to be able to sneak up on people via nap of the earth flying.... If I am flying lower than say 50 ft I shouldn't show up on radar either as with modern radar.

Also, a big fat tall mountain range in the middle of the map would be nice. Like the one behind the German base. It would be awesome if you put two mountains in the middle with a castle a tank could go inside on the top of the mountain and a bridge we could fly under that goes to the other mountain to a road going down... we get to shoot at tanks going up the road for a little convoy strafing action.... This would be EPIC!

Thanx!

Indy

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1388

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
took notes. About the carriers... i know the issues, they are just for testing... they have to go fast right now because otherwise i fall asleep waiting for the tests. The lighting... i can't add lights since that makes the game real slow. All lights are painted (the shadow of the airplane is not a real shadow, it's a projection and it actually makes older phones still way too slow). I'll just make the interiors of the carrier clearer, so you can see inside.

about others things... some are already in process... as usual i have to go by stages since i have to wait for apple to approve things, see how they behave and go to the next stage.

@Louie... the subscription system is failing due to some apple bs. It works for most but fails for some. Just shoot me an email with the email you've got from apple when you subscribed: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: INDY77

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1392

• INDY77
Sweeeet!!! Zuperman you rock! ....but that could just be the alcohol talking...... lol

Could you "paint" lights?... to give it a more realistic yet still dim lighting of the inside of a carrier?

Keep up the good work. This game is my favorite on any system bar none. Especially since its in the palm of my hand anywhere I go. Friends say I should just glue the damn phone to me lol.

Indy

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1412

• Louie
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
i just played the game and i was on the German side the red barron is so awesome thats the best plane out of them it has the best maneuverability it is awesome thats the thing i was talking about zuperman all the planes need to have that that just the best of the best i freaking hate the German side but ill play over on that team since its got the best plane! make all the planes have that maneuverability!!!!!

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1416

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
erm... the red baron and the Spad have exactly the same physics code. Meaning, they are a clone, literally. So if you pick either, they work exactly the same way.

It was done on purpose so that no team has advantage over the other.

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1417

• Louie
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
idk zuperman! the redbarron turns so much faster then the spad it was 100 percent better! you gotta check it out!

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1418

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Louie... i can't check it out because it's the same code. I don't mean a copy and paste, i mean, literally, the file it's the same.
It's like I give you a page, then you give it back to me and i say: hey, this one is different than yours!

and then i tell you to check it out because my page is so much better than the one you had :P

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1422

• Louie
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
lol i dont no whats going on zuperman but thats the best planes so far in the game the trun radius is sooo much better idk what it is! idk try asking other players!

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1425

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
i did, nobody says what you said about the planes lol

it's called the "placebo" effect :P

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1516

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
I like the update. The fact that I can do I little upgrading of the two slow planes. I can't wait to play "capture the carrier"!!!!! U should give the option of picking what game we want to enter, and what game type to enter!

The following user(s) said Thank You: gyshan

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1562

• Ace of the sky
  • Ace of the sky's Avatar Topic Author
The new update is kool. The new game mode is alot of fun. The planes are alright. Tgey are just to slow, they do have more ammo though. I still shoot down the new planes with the spad and red baron
Flying is my life, you are free to do whatever you want. I fly to control the sky, the sky is my battlefield and playground. Why do you fly?

Re: What do you think of the update 12 years 7 months ago #1570

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
With being able to upgrade the two new planes, they're about the same speed. I like

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.862 seconds