TOPIC:

Encouraging and recruiting 3 years 9 months ago #380980

• Sikorsky
  • Sikorsky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Touch the sky with glory!
  • Thank you received: 523
Its a bit disappointing that many SPAD SQUAD members do not use the forum or they are not using it anymore. We also need more recruits, I say this as yesterday’s recruiting only yielded 1 new member. We need to do something about it. We also have the issue of being non premium. Players below rank 15 have no way of communication with the others as zup disabled world chat and squad chat for non premium users. Any ideas?
Note:- please look at the post I have submitted ( post#381000 ) for more info as this one has caused a bit of confusion

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Paco Zorapel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sikorsky.

Encouraging and recruiting 3 years 9 months ago #380981

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Back in the day squads would use other apps like discord or whatsapp, etc. to communicate with their squad members.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Encouraging and recruiting 3 years 9 months ago #380982

• Paco Zorapel
  • Paco the Taco :D
  • Thank you received: 288
Yeah I know we are having some problems in the recruiting part. It's mainly because there aren't as much people playing as one or two months ago, don't worry about it, Juan and I are trying to fix that.

In the communication, you know I am active in the forum and I'll read your private messages. However, if you don't consider this enough, VHuntress recommended me discord, and when I was in The Black Dragons Montymor told me about their WhatsApp group. To start with this I think discord should be good. Also, remember that not all people will enter there, we'll be probably 3 or 4 people there at the beginning lol.

Hehe I'm glad you are so worried about this, because it means you care about your squadron :).
Thanks to [Ñ] THE BLACK DRAGONS and Montymor for accepting me in such a big family. ¡Volar con honor, no rendirse jamás!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Sikorsky

Encouraging and recruiting 3 years 9 months ago #380987

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
It's a shame players below lvl 15 have no way of chatting for finding their way here. Seems to me more people would stick around and feel part of the community if they had access to it and the squad pages. Can this be changed? Years ago when I began playing the forum had many squads who posted challenges, comments and etc. It was a really fun part of this game! Sort of the part that unites everyone to stick around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Sikorsky

Encouraging and recruiting 3 years 9 months ago #380988

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Even though I expected players to have a look at the forum cuz the menu screen greets you with the forum button on the right, doesn’t seem like it.
The only way to solve this is to use discord and create a SPAD SQUAD group. Then I’m not sure if many players would choose that cuz even though discord is popular, many people are very scared to use it as it’s a new experience for them. You might be wondering why I say that, well discord is “ a place for gamers and other like minded people to chat “. Discord is mainly used by gamers, youtubers, sometimes developers and other like minded people. So for the average person it will be new for them.

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}

Last edit: by Sikorsky. Reason: Adding stuff

Encouraging and recruiting 3 years 9 months ago #380999

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
Good point. I use the forum to chat, in game and squad chat. Discord would work for a squad, but we fly with players outside our squad. I would like to see a way to communicate with them and had no idea they had to be lvl 15 before chat kicked in.
The seasoned players who have been around and willing to help can't offer advice if they can't even chat. Some squads are great at offering help or recruiting to train!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sikorsky

Encouraging and recruiting 3 years 9 months ago #381000

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
When I meant players below lvl 15 cant chat with others ( if they are non premium) I mean the >lvl 15 players will only play in WWII server and <lvl 15 players are only in WWI servers so they can’t chat with each other unless they reach lvl 15 or above or get premium. I forgot to add that in. Sorry if it caused confusion.
The players below lvl 15 can chat. They just cant chat with players in WWII ( unless they get premium so they can use chat in the multiplayer menu )

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}

Last edit: by Sikorsky.
  • Page:
Moderators: Juan MarniPaco Zorapel