These are classic!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32400

• Big Tex
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Y'all come by for some BBQ...
  • Thank you received: 898
Good grief yes. Those symbols are most annoying! I can never shoot the parachutes anyway because my aim is just not that good!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32402

• Big Tex
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
These Olympics are seriously messing with my flying time - why do they need to be so compelling?

I agree with limiting the voting to just a few - if not the First Five, maybe everyone who is ranked in the top 100?

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32403

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
Ok so I reset my password and now when I try to do the "squad tag" name change thing i get an error message saying my user name or password is incorrect. Oy gevalt!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32406

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346
bopes, when that happened to me, it was just a matter of my ingame password being different from forum password. Not sure if that is your case or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bopes

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32418

• Big Tex
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK, completely different topic. How do I report a really offensive player or player name??

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32423

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346

Big Tex wrote: OK, completely different topic. How do I report a really offensive player or player name??

There is a topic titled "The Official Black List Thread"

Last edit: by Oedius Momicus.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32440

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 143
I cant change my in game name or join the squad I'm getting wrong password/name prompt , I have had this problem before bear with me cause I'm still flying with [e] squad tag for now . Things I have tried are resetting password numerous times uninstalling and reinstalling game and clearing cookies every time I do the above .

I'm just waiting on slenderman to get back to me apparently some enigma members had their settings locked during the furore when MOM was in the initiation stages.

See you out there.

farkinell.
Flying as farkinell and numerous other unmentionables.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32487

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 744
Galahad notified me that he would like to join M.O.M... I think he would be a great addition to our Cause...

If no one objects in the next several hours, I will add him to the roster...

Since I am. THE.... "KEY MASTER".... Keeper of the Master List...

How did that happen anyway ?

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32489

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
Herr Kopf, let's review and make sure I have all the new additions to our mob:

ZandorHawke
Felabad
Eddie Rickenbaker (NOT the same guy as Eddie Rickenbacker, right?)

And now, if dogss, BStrach and Dent agree, Galahad.

There's also NJ Devil who's been a cheerleader for MOM since day one. He's decided to join but wants to leave the 111th as respectfully and honorably as is only appropriate. Our kind of guy, our kind of pilot, definitely a natural for MOM. Awaiting the rest of the board's votes...

I already have banners built for the first three, Galahad's and Devil's are pending approval.

Wigipedia

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32528

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736

. Wigbomb wrote: Herr Kopf, let's review and make sure I have all the new additions to our mob:

ZandorHawke
Felabad

There's also NJ Devil who's been a cheerleader for MOM since day one. He's decided to join but wants to leave the 111th as respectfully and honorably as is only appropriate. Our kind of guy, our kind of pilot, definitely a natural for MOM. Awaiting the rest of the board's votes...

I already have banners built for the first three, Galahad's and Devil's are pending approval.

They all have my vote :)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32530

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426

dentinhead wrote: I'd rather do with out M.O.M. in front of my name...seem's like haveing it above should be enough....too much clutter on the screen allready...

I agree with Dentinhead. Less is more!! The same goes to the rules. I have enough trouble trying to remember 2 rules :)

BTW Wig, just a heads up. I left wadup because it seemed like I was the only one playing. Occasionally, I would run into another clan member. But it was very rare. I felt like I was the only one really representing the clan. So unlike NJ Devil, I left without saying good-bye. If you don't want me as part of the group, please let me know. I will respectfully understand.

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32531

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1477

. Wigbomb wrote: Herr Kopf, let's review and make sure I have all the new additions to our mob:

ZandorHawke
Felabad

I know NJ devil well great Guy and have seen Galahad good pilot so yeah for sure
A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32532

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mavrk12 wrote:

dentinhead wrote: I'd rather do with out M.O.M. in front of my name...seem's like haveing it above should be enough....too much clutter on the screen allready...

I agree with Dentinhead. Less is more!! The same goes to the rules. I have enough trouble trying to remember 2 rules :)

BTW Wig, just a heads up. I left wadup because it seemed like I was the only one playing. Occasionally, I would run into another clan member. But it was very rare. I felt like I was the only one really representing the clan. So unlike NJ Devil, I left without saying good-bye. If you don't want me as part of the group, please let me know. I will respectfully understand.

You're going nowhere maverk. You're one of our best pilots. Maybe no one has played with you as much as I have but im aware of how good you are. Not your fault there was no thread for you to post your decision on switching.
A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Last edit: by DoGss.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32534

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Mavrk12................Door's locked ya can't get out...... :woohoo: I agree with dogss :)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32535

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!
  • Thank you received: 539
Regarding the players with one or two letter/symbol names, I just have to shoot them now. I can't tell which team they are on. Removal of symbols and make the name 3 character minimums would be nice for these old eyes. I swear this game is making my eyesight worse!

In other news it sure was cool to see my first MOM flyer (Mavrk I think) in the skies the other day. I also find myself searching my squad out when they are on the other team just to establish a MOM pecking order. After Strachan shot me down a couple of times I'm rethinking this strategy.
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32565

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426

dogss wrote:

Mavrk12 wrote:

You're going nowhere maverk. You're one of our best pilots. Maybe no one has played with you as much as I have but im aware of how good you are. Not your fault there was no thread for you to post your decision on switching.

Ok doggs. I'm with ya. If nobody else objects, then I'll stay. Thank you so much doggs for the compliment!! It's been a rough day and I needed it. I'll cya in the skies. |\/|

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32583

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Once you're in, you're in. How's that for a rule?

Of course if you misbehave egregiously I (as Pope of the Church of M.O.M.) can excommunicate you. :)

I'll vouch for NJ Devil too. Don't think I played in a game with Galahad yet but I have no objections either.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32606

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

dogss wrote:

ZandorHawke
Felabad

I know NJ devil well great Guy and have seen Galahad good pilot so yeah for sure

I have seen him in Games and he's DEADLY enough for M.O.M...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32613

• McMillion
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • My Eyes Set High
  • Thank you received: 24
I do believe that this is the first squadron I've seen with almost perfect grammar. Lol amazing stuff.
My Eyes Set High.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Tex, SheiBe Kopf, Paul Mantz, Jr.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32626

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

McMillion wrote: I do believe that this is the first squadron I've seen with almost perfect grammar. Lol amazing stuff.

THankes, dat was bery nise to U say dat. We be triun to keap up da goot wurk !

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32632

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

:P lol

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32637

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

McMillion wrote: I do believe that this is the first squadron I've seen with almost perfect grammar. Lol amazing stuff.

THankes, dat was bery nise to U say dat. We be triun to keap up da goot wurk !

serisoly tanks alotts

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32646

• Gary-the-pink
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 111
I would very much like to join this squadron if I may? I tried through the dogfight web site, but to no avail.. www.dogfightplay.com/management/squadmgnt/. Apparently it does not recognize my username/password combo.

I look forward to your favourable reply

Gary
The best pilots aim to please ;)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32650

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Gary-the-pink wrote: I would very much like to join this squadron if I may? I tried through the dogfight web site, but to no avail.. www.dogfightplay.com/management/squadmgnt/. Apparently it does not recognize my username/password combo.

I look forward to your favourable reply

Gary

Yeah I think we had you in already? Maybe not ,you're in though im sure everyone has seen you around you're an up and comer for sure. Bopes has the same problem with the password thing, wig or someone knows more than I.

Last edit: by DoGss.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32657

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

Welcome to The Official M.O.M Thread.

====================================
To join the actual squadron, go here:
www.dogfightplay.com/management/squadmgnt/
+++
To give yourself a Squad-Tag (so we may properly identify ourselves in game), go here .

=============================================

Current Members

SheiBe Kopf
B Strachan
Dentinhead
.Wigbomb
Farcanal
btschuman
dogss
Bopes
Seattle
Big Tex
Hat in the Ring
Paul Mantz, Jr.
ktheo
SB467
iQQi
Mavrk12
oedius
Big Tex
Gary-the-Pink
hansone
whitenow
Gaavster
Dannydrooler
FatBob
ZanderHawke
EddieRickenbaker
felabad
LD Dutchkiller
new jersey devil
Galahad

These are the current confirmed members. If you are a member and wish to be listed, please respond accordingly in this thread.
=============================================

Official Rules and Owner’s Manual for your 2012 MOM LX5000

The following rules are to be adhered to on pain of death or something really serious:

Rule 1 – There are no rules in M.O.M.

Rule 2 – There is no lying in M.O.M.

Rule 3 – Rule 2 is a lie.

Rule 4 – No member of M.O.M. will engage in team killing (shooting at members of his own team) spawn killing (shooting at the comic book character Spawn) or spawn raping (we don’t recommend raping anyone but if you must, we recommend you try to rape Spawn. Give us a heads up first so we can come watch.) We regard these practices as craven, dishonorable, weak, gutless, moronic and none of us engages in any of them more than once or twice per mission.

Rule 5 – Language: we encourage the use of language in M.O.M. Hand gestures don’t work so hot online.

Rule 7 – Math was our favorite subject to skip in school so we could go out back and have us a smoke of...we mean, do some independent horticultural research. Education is a wonderful thing. But really, the computer site gizmo keeps track of your kills so who needs it?

Rule 8 – Any member who doesn’t show up on time for his shift will be docked a half day’s pay.

Rule 9 – All members of M.O.M. must be courteous and polite to fellow players. Say “Thank you so much” after shooting someone down. If it happens to be a player you despise, say, “Thank you so much you miserable mother f*cking son of a b*tch.” Then strafe him in his chute.

Rule 10 – All members will adhere to the M.O.M. Principles of Flight, as follows:
Fly at least a little above the ground.
Shoot the red guys.
Bomb stuff.
Have some cake.

Age and Other Requirements for Membership in M.O.M.:

Pilots applying for squadron membership must be between the ages of 21 and 174. Unless you’re really, really good. Then you can be 3 and we wouldn’t give a rat’s ascot.
For the most part M.O.M. pilots are in their 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s after which point we forget how to count that high or what we just had for lunch. It looked like it used to be peas.

Anyone of any age may apply to join M.O.M. A select few underage pilots will be admitted as “Prodigy” members and treated like dirt. You can get even by treating your own kids like dirt when you’re as old as most members of M.O.M.

Applications will be subject to review by the M.O.M. Board of Admissions, consisting of dogss, B Strachan, Dentinhead, SheiBe Kopf. Wigbomb and an albino raccoon called Jimmy the Lip. In case of a 3-3 tie the applicant him/herself will have the tie breaking vote.

Applications should be submitted in the form of a hand written email on standard 8.5x11 paper with decorations in either poster paint, colored pencil, crayon or the blood of a virgin. Some form of death and/or ice hockey must be incorporated into the imagery. A forum post containing the words, “Hey you old clowns, can I join?” will also be acceptable.

Bribery is encouraged and will almost certainly get you in. Cash is preferred but hookers, crack, liquor, DVD’s or virgins (with blood still intact) will be considered. Strachan likes a nice redhead and SheiBe prefers a vintage Chardonnay. The rest of us aren’t that particular.

If you believe in the notion that a game can be played with mutual respect in the spirit of friendly competition and a healthy hatred of Lady GaGa, write and tell us. Above all M.O.M. is dedicated to the having of fun. Even if it means killing you. There isn’t much we wouldn’t do for a laugh, and seeing you die is fairly high on the list. Become one of us or risk utter and complete annihilation at the hands and feet of M.O.M. Or, y’know, just, um, like…don’t. That’d be cool, too.

Last edit: by SheiBe Kopf.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32666

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ZandorHawke
Felabad

Wig,
EddieRickenBaker is the name Dogfights' his game..
I have added:
NJ Devil
Galahad

also there is LD Dutchkiller. Don't know if you had him in your list.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32680

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
giudas55 asked me what M.O.M. meant....now he's thinking about joining (He's on the fence right now). He wanted some names of people that were in. Had to tell him to check out the thread. Told him he'd be suprised at how many older people are playing...Must be the shakes that give us good aim.......

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32681

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
re: passwords, it seems the game password is a series of numbers (easily forgotten) that is generated by the app when you first download it and set it up. There does not seem to be a "forgot your password?" doo-hickey to reset the game password if you forget it. Hence Slenderman will tell you (as he told me) to delete the app and re-download it. This will generate a new (string of numbers) password which will be sent by email, but (Slendy assured me) doing this will not affect your account, your present rank, your XP or your fleet of planes. So I did this, and the game app took me through the set-up procedure. At first (horrors!) my rank/plane access seemed reduced/limited, until I hit the "upgrade" (or whatever) button and got the thingy for paying .99 or 4.99. I clicked that and it told me I already purchased it. I clicked through that and after that my rank/plane access was back to normal.

The forum password, in contrast, is chosen by the user and the forum has "forgot your password?" functionality. But unless you set your forum password to be exactly the same as your string-of-numbers game password, well, you know . . .

Bottom line: WRITE 'EM DOWN SOMEWHERES!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SheiBe Kopf

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32682

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
We should set up a group flight no training just kill eachother(more fun). So we all get to know one another. Most of us work so we'll have to keep that in mind. I own my own business so I can get on whenever NYC est.

Moderators: WigbombCricketDoggy Dix
Time to create page: 1.354 seconds