TOPIC:

ideas 12 years 8 months ago #586

• Hamers
  • Hamers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
hi i have made this to put ideas into i have seen them in a lot of differant topics. if u have any ideas put them here so Z desent have to look everywhere for a idea he saw.
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: ideas 12 years 8 months ago #601

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
I prefer the forums. I also get like 15 emails a day with requests lol

Don't worry, no need to create 1 particular thread, this whole section is "feedback and requests" so I go around checking them all.

Usually the way I go about reading the requests is:

1) Is really a good idea? Yes, ok, analyze.

2) Can it be implemented for everybody? That means older devices, android and apple. There is no way for me to distribute to x,y,z devices so the requests either work for all or none. One example of an idea that I love but I can't do yet is voice chat. Android and Apple use different systems that are not compatible so it would leave half the players without it. Also half of each phone models don't even have enough power to handle it. Same goes for other features like trees, detailed terrains, etc... lots of phones still don't have enought ram to handle that.

3) Does it have a cost? Some features require me to get licenses. Others require me to pay for freelancers. Depending on how many sales I've had on the previous release, I may or not be able to cover the costs. One thing I've found out is that making games is not cheap ;)

4) Is it possible to add to this release or better wait for future update? Some features go better together so they are good candidates to be released as a batch.

Lots stuff going on behind the scenes. Once it passes the filter I have to do it (which may take 1 day or 2 months) and lots of testing. That's why I'm always reminding people to write good reviews on Apple (android guys seem to be nicer on the reviews :) It not only motivates me but also helps me recover costs.

Re: ideas 12 years 8 months ago #664

• FredBarron
  • Thank you received: 0
Totally contradictory pair of requests coming up: I want better information about where enemy planes are, and I want worse information about where enemy planes are.

Better Information:

When the enemies are just off screen there's an orange arrow showing where they are. I'd like there to be a distinction between e.g. "enemy above and ahead" and "enemy above and behind". Maybe turn the arrow red when they're behind. Or do that thing that some sims do where there's a 3-D cone pointing in exactly what direction they're in.

Worse Information:

I know we need arrows and radar and stuff because real pilots can look around themselves easier than we can scroll the screen around. OTOH knowing all about nearby planes makes some kinds of stealthy behaviour impossible. I'd like to hide in clouds. I'd like to not be clearly visible through mountains. I'd like to occasionally drop in behind someone and them not know I'm there. Maybe... something like... people not showing up on the radar (and not being pointed out by orange arrows) until and unless you have "seen" them.

Re: ideas 12 years 8 months ago #665

• FredBarron
  • Thank you received: 0
where "seen" == had them in the middle third of your screen recently, or something like that.

Re: ideas 12 years 7 months ago #695

• Snooppy
  • Thank you received: 2
Like the idea but it seems like it would be pretty hard to get it right not to mention write programming for it. Maybe once you scrolled around or when they fire on you they would show up for a minute or two.
tinyurl.com/6ubfd98

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.589 seconds