Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Thoughts to ponder 4 years 7 months ago #378149

• nebular
  • nebular's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
as I suspected... no one got the joke or thought it was funny :whistle: Guess I've been watching too many of the old Futuramas... :P

Nebular wrote: Fools Pi... 22/7

The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by nebular.

Thoughts to ponder 4 years 7 months ago #378160

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804
. .
LOL Neb!
Nop have not watch much Futurama... and math jokes are too much for my brain. I Wikipedia the definition but I was like….
. .
I’m sure Blue Fighter might get a kick of it.:lol: :lol: :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular

Last edit: by Acegirl.

Thoughts to ponder 4 years 7 months ago #378177

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
People subconsciously control their own breath for the sake of poise.

Children breathe with their whole bodies, just like animals. Watch them some time, you'll see their chest and shoulders rise and fall with each breath with no self-consciousness. Most people, around the time of puberty, become self-aware in a way where they subconsciously control their own breathing for the sake of appearing in control. Adults usually only revert to body breathing when they lose their poise, whether it's from rage or or excitement , love or lust, exertion of injury, or for mindfulness and meditation.

Try it. Try breathing fully and deeply, let your chest rise and fall, the oxygen is good for every part of you, your health, your energy and your mind. Breathe deeply. what are you afraid of, looking old, simple minded or out of shape?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, nebular

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Thoughts to ponder 4 years 6 months ago #378292

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
What if humans are descendents of ancient technology?

theconversation.com/storing-data-in-dna-...gital-universe-78226

From the article:
"Over millennia, nature has evolved an incredible information storage medium – DNA. It evolved to store genetic information, blueprints for building proteins, but DNA can be used for many more purposes than just that. DNA is also much denser than modern storage media: The data on hundreds of thousands of DVDs could fit inside a matchbox-size package of DNA. DNA is also much more durable – lasting thousands of years – than today’s hard drives, which may last years or decades. And while hard drive formats and connection standards become obsolete, DNA never will, at least so long as there’s life."

Our DNA is a data storage system. Is it possible that we are the descendants of a previous civilizations technology? Think of it, if an artificial intelligence was programmed to replicate itself and to ensure its survival it would work toward making units which could survive independently and be very efficient about energy consumption. Their methods of reproduction would need plans for replication and having a natural mechanism of introducing variation would be part of a strategy of adapting to changing conditions.

What complex machine runs as efficiently as a biological organism? How far can you walk fueled on a sandwich? What machine could do so much with so little fuel?

Electronics operate in a very similar temperature range as organisms and many of the environmental conditions needed for life are also needed for electronics to operate properly, so trying to dismiss this idea as unlikely because life is so vulnerable to the elements is not valid.

Also, there is no practical need for every unit to have access to all data so it's not like everyone has to be geniuses, just like a robot in an assembly line, you only have to know your part.

Some of the wording and concepts used in religious texts could easily be applied to this concept.

Is there anything that disproves this theory empirically?
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN, Acegirl, nebular

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Thoughts to ponder 1 year 11 months ago #385613

• nebular
  • nebular's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud, OUTLAW_WAR

Time to create page: 0.668 seconds