Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Here’s a thought

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369219

• Mongo
  • Mongo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 7146

Zup, about 2 1/2 years ago there were thousands of players, right? Now the game doesnt have enough to sustain itself.
1000 subscribers = $2000.00. Per month, every month. 2000 = $4000.00
How about creating a dogfight like we had 2 1/2 years ago, keep it WW1 only, charge subscriptions, and see if some of those thousands will come back. I talk to many old time players and they indicate a preference for the old game. It is the game that hooked all of us. Let them stand side by side, simplicity versus complexity, and see which one pays its way. Speaking only for myself, i would even pay double what i pay now to have that game back, and would contact every player i know to spread the word and get players back. I think many others would also spread the word.
Would that be worth anything to you?
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.
(.Y.)

https://i.imgur.com/HOCZxAd.jpg[ [img] i.imgur.com/HOCZxAd.jpg [
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper, Viper10{WP}, [NLR]Mysterio, Dognamitt, Nebular, Raz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mongo.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369220

• Raz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I'm not as dumb as you look...
  • Thank you received: 1060
100% correct Mongo, compare this pic to what it was like 2 odd years ago, it would be crammed full of names, would dearly love to have them good times back...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dognamitt, Nebular

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369221

• Dognamitt
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5113
me too I would be happy to pay double since subscription was introduced I paid a couple of bucks was a cup of coffee I already made a post but i think this fits

Mongo wrote: Zup, about 2 1/2 years ago there were thousands of players, right? Now the game doesnt have enough to sustain itself.
How about creating a dogfight like we had 2 1/2 years ago, keep it WW1 only, charge subscriptions, and see if some of those thousands will come back. I talk to many old time players and they indicate a preference for the old game. It is the game that hooked all of us. Let them stand side by side, simplicity versus complexity, and see which one pays its way. Speaking only for myself, i would even pay double what i pay now to have that game back, and would contact every player i know to spread the word and get players back. I think many others would also spread the word.
Would that be worth anything to you?

Last edit: by Dognamitt.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369222

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1803
that's really going to help dog lol

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369227

• Cush [NLR]
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Can't died...i buried him next to don't want too
  • Thank you received: 781

I for one have spent hundreds of dollars and feel it is still cheap entertainment. Is it even possible to take it back to its original state? As the game is now it is no fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Cypher7{WP}

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369230

• Mongo

Cush [NLR] wrote: I for one have spent hundreds of dollars and feel it is still cheap entertainment. Is it even possible to take it back to its original state? As the game is now it is no fun.

Thats why i said create. Let this one continue and create a “new” old dogfight.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.
(.Y.)

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369231

• Nebular
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1879
one of the most difficult parts of art is knowing when to call a project completed...

I would also pay more to have a game that works and a reasonably close server
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

Last edit: by Nebular.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369232

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3757

Mongo makes a great point. I'd pay more for the original WWI. Be rough to see it go.

Please consider. As Mongo said, it had so many players and many of us are still in contact with them. It would be great to sign in and see the numbers up.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369240

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 16883
Haven't touched elite in a couple months now myself don't see any reasons to keep playing against the same 5 or so player's every time I picked up the game.
I wouldn't pay more myself but I would return if the game was returned to the original df that's the one and only game for me, I've tried several and nothing compares to the original df and definitely not this one.
Df was fun and easy to learn that's what kept player's around for year's df was the only game i played for more then a couple months like most other's I would stop playing just after a few week's dogfight kept me playing for 4 year's made a ton of friends and had fun keyword here (FUN) that's why we played it was fun, now who wants to play a game that's not fun and more frustrating then anything else? Not me and apparently many many more feel that way.
We pay and play to have fun nothing more nothing less believe me when I say I'd rather stop when the fun is over instead of setting the game down frustrated and upset after just a game or two.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] GAW, Viper10{WP}

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369245

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 10628

Old dogfight had more players because nobody paid a dime. If it's free, i can get you millions of players not even trying. Who was paying then? Me. I'm not paying any more. That's what has changed mainly.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369249

• Cricket
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • His Magesty
  • Thank you received: 977

zuperman wrote: Old dogfight had more players because nobody paid a dime. If it's free, i can get you millions of players not even trying. Who was paying then? Me. I'm not paying any more. That's what has changed mainly.

Would you consider going back to a lifetime subscription? When I first started playing it was Free for a while, enough to get you hooked. And then about 5 bucks to continue playing after the trial period. Subscribers are lacking but I think more newer players would go for a one time purchase over a monthly subscripton. Something to consider, Zup. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369250

• Dognamitt
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
i had two accounts paid subs on both also my partner subscribed too that was 3 subs in one house alone i subscribed soon as it was implemented because i believe i dont work for free and dont expect you too. i know in Canada i difficulty subscribing on google for about 4 weeks i dont see how you say nobody? maybe not enough !

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369252

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

yeah, let me rephrase that. I remember at one point out of half a million registered players on dogfight 1, there were 150 subscribers. It didn't cover the cost of 1 server. Sure, if you want to go back to Dogfight 1, we need at least 5000 subscribers to cover the cost of the servers that I was covering with my savings and loans from external companies that were hoping to turn a profit. So... keep insisting about df1 as if it was paradise. The reason there are fewer players is not because of bullet drops. It's because I stopped offering free game play out of my savings to thousands of people. As soon as that was gone, number of players collapsed as expected. Also this began happening already on df1. I began already making the subscription changes back then, removing servers and all to save on costs and the number of players began dropping super fast.
And there is another reason: old players. Yeah, people get tired of the same game. It's like that for every single game. So expecting to see "old players" return is a pipedream. I don't go back and play final fantasy, or wow or whatever. I don't care what they add new to it or what they improve. The average person once they leave a game they move to a different one. Stop requesting changes to "bring back" people. They are gone. it's the nature of every game. What I do is focus on bringing new players to a new game, no older players to older versions of the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dognamitt

Last edit: by zuperman.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369253

• LiLBaDGaL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2398
I hear what your saying about df1 its dead and gone ! we hear that ! i think what people are saying is that in this game there are those that life happens but still really love and enjoy this game . im sure you have seen that those ppl do and are willing to pay, we do find it frustrating that lag for the most has taken over and when we do go in a game find it difficult to shoot down planes that appear head on and are initally not ! we would love it if you can deal with the lag ! people have left due to planes skipping and disappearing in mid air , i know the lag is not your fault but if its possible to find servers that can make the game on a more level playing field . How can new players play with the current situation ? or stop people with a very low band width playing as other games do!

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369254

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1803
you got a good point Lil zup need to focus on the main problem first that and is lag and making the game good and on a level playing take it one step at a time zup will work out in the long run but you got to get your priorities straight I know your stressed right now the thing is not what you can do for the players of the game but what you could do for yourself all you have to do is take a step back and a
big breath that always helps me when I don't get the pictures I want from a photo shoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: LiLBaDGaL

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369261

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

You don't need to wait one month. I won't change it back. You already have the answer. I'm tired of repeating it. I can't make everyone happy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369263

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3757

UNDERSTOOD.

Thanks to all for the fun over the years.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369268

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Sir Wumper wrote: Good by idiot

very classy

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369270

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Mongo wrote: Zup, about 2 1/2 years ago there were thousands of players, right? Now the game doesnt have enough to sustain itself.

That calculation is actually wrong. The stores take a 30% cut. And I pay another 30% taxes. So for every $1.99... I get $0.97 (less than half). 2000 subscribers = $1940. And that's assuming it's dollars, which is not the case. It's all over the world and most pay even less than $1.99 because in most countries it's "expensive". When I was forced to push it to $2.99, many unsubscribed because it was too expensive. So yeah, it is what it is.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369273

• Dognamitt
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
wow you banned him zup? the guy was old n cranky yes but he was a 70 year old war vet !

zuperman wrote:

very classy

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369274

• Raz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I'm not as dumb as you look...
  • Thank you received: 1060
Here's a thought.. let's just wait and see how the game plays when Zup has finished ironing out all the bugs, everyone has had all the relevant updates, and the new servers are up and running, and if it's still unplayable after that, THEN I'll be out faster than a fat kid chasing an ice cream van.. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dognamitt

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369280

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Dognamitt wrote: wow you banned him zup? the guy was old n cranky yes but he was a 70 year old war vet !

zuperman wrote:

very classy

yeah and my mother is 80 yo and she doesn't go to any forum and spend the day trolling for years, neither ever insults. I asked my mom and she said: "he told you he is leaving, help him out". So it's all cool. I'm sure when I'm 70 i'll be worse than him and i hope i get banned sooner than he did.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369284

• Mongo

Ok game works pretty good. Several people complaining of others skipping, but they do the same thing. Guess its a problem for them if other folks do it. Will the new server help with that? And are you almost complete on that? Saw the train mission, it seemed to work good. Not much time for the reds to kill it.
(.Y.)

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369317

• DARK=X=RAIN248
  • u hear the thunder? the storm is coming
  • Thank you received: 433

There there away ( if am able to play again) to de mix the wars as much as some player do i like ww1,and ww2 but not in the same wars and since we have plane/jets that can end bombing missions with 2 skilled players wil there be more hangers/heath?

Last edit: by DARK=X=RAIN248.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369323

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 820

I'm sorry the world is populated with a bunch of cheapskates, I subscribed to df1 and dfe, had 2 subscriptions when they overlapped.
I loved this game but never joined for wwll. When it came I tried it a little but it just doesn't do it for me. Im not saying that WWII drove people away but it made a simple game that much more complicated and I think that is where the complaints about empty games came from as I played strictly WWI and very rarely would I not have anyone join a game with me.
Now with the mixing of the games things are all messed up, I played a game tonight and a jet that can go twice as fast as my Camel could also out turn me, I don't claim to have a degree in physics or engineering but that doesnt make sense to me that he wouldn't have a wider turning radius at that speed. The mixing of the wars was the breaking point for me, thats when I pulled my subscription and I would have paid $10 a month to subscribe before that happened.
And as for old players, thats exactly who you should be marketing to,we the over 50 crowd love this kind of stuff, we're loyal and we have money but you have to keep it simple for us we haven't grown up with this stuff.

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Viper10{WP}, Dognamitt

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369324

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7048

pmoon1{WP} wrote: I'm sorry the world is populated with a bunch of cheapskates, I subscribed to df1 and dfe, had 2 subscriptions when they overlapped.
I loved this game but never joined for wwll. When it came I tried it a little but it just doesn't do it for me. Im not saying that WWII drove people away but it made a simple game that much more complicated and I think that is where the complaints about empty games came from as I played strictly WWI and very rarely would I not have anyone join a game with me.
Now with the mixing of the games things are all messed up, I played a game tonight and a jet that can go twice as fast as my Camel could also out turn me, I don't claim to have a degree in physics or engineering but that doesnt make sense to me that he wouldn't have a wider turning radius at that speed. The mixing of the wars was the breaking point for me, thats when I pulled my subscription and I would have paid $10 a month to subscribe before that happened.
And as for old players, thats exactly who you should be marketing to,we the over 50 crowd love this kind of stuff, we're loyal and we have money but you have to keep it simple for us we haven't grown up with this stuff.

Well said.

WW2 was not something I was interested in and just by reading the forum I would say others share this opinion. From the launch of elite it would seem the push was to get folks into WW2 by offering double points for playing. The conclusion would be not many folks wanted to be in WW2 games or couldn't compete there which led to empty games in WW2. I normally didn't have a problem finding players in WW1. Its a shame, but here we are.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmoon1{WP}

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369326

• Dogfight Dix
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Pull my finger !
  • Thank you received: 290
I thought Zup once for all made it clear...
This version of DF e going to stay... he building a new game to atract new players
That will give him some incomes too.
He is already successful... more new players than ever ...!
remember that THE MOTHERS helping hand, always there for you, if you want to join up !!! That will say as long you not a dirty smelling Misfit...

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369328

• Dognamitt
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
The new update for me seems way way better seems the bullet drop works well seems the ww2 planes do have a speed advantage but i was out turning jets in my Siemens.i dont like the mix of WW!&WW2 but it is what it is and i dont play other games this is all i have and im gonna play maybe when it picks up and starts to make some money zup may split the two wars again . it was just last week i posted about my tablet not being competitive no more compared to my ipad i was told "i cant tune each tablet to the game or its broken " so i played in hope because some updates render my tablet one way or another(be careful what ya wish for it may happen)

Edit-remember speed was never the key in df it was throttle control and it still is

pmoon1{WP} wrote: I'm sorry the world is populated with a bunch of cheapskates, I subscribed to df1 and dfe, had 2 subscriptions when they overlapped.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SCAMPERS REVENGE

Last edit: by Dognamitt.

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369339

• DARK=X=RAIN248
  • u hear the thunder? the storm is coming
  • Thank you received: 433

For new players? What new player want to play a mix war game? And of course the game is going downhill at a fast rate. it don't even have a fan base compare to other games
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmoon1{WP}

Here’s a thought 1 year 2 months ago #369340

• Dognamitt
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
here is a fan base

DARK=X=RAIN248 wrote: For new players? What new player want to play a mix war game? And of course the game is going downhill at a fast rate. it don't even have a fan base compare to other games

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, SCAMPERS REVENGE

• Page:
Moderators: D-walleyeBStrachanD- CC RIDERMongoSharp ShooterDARK=X=RAIN248
Time to create page: 0.791 seconds