Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Dogfight Presidential Election (was ended 2016-11-08 00:00:00)

Donald J. Trump
20 66.7%
Hillary Clinton
10 33.3%
Total number of voters: 30 ( Gustavo fire, KA5EY, |111th| John II, Sir Wumper, R E Z ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 4 months ago #349768

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

Acegirl wrote: .

Hello!
I have a question, about the voting system of the states. How come the popular vote, the voice of the people has less weight? I heard that the voting systems is very old and was design to bring a balance for some problems of those old times. Isn’t more important to value the vote of every American as an individual? Why does the other type of vote have more value? It doesn’t seem fair or at least it looks strange and confusing.
:huh:

Hey AG,

Here is a good write-up about your question....

www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-reason-for-the-electoral-college/

Too much to paraphrase except to say it was designed to protect a minority of the voting populace from an abusive majority. A lot of the original mechanisms have been abandoned. It seems to me that one of the biggest challenges with using a true national popular vote would be a possible recount. :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, Acegirl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 4 months ago #349813

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213

Acegirl wrote: .

Hello!
I have a question, about the voting system of the states. How come the popular vote, the voice of the people has less weight? I heard that the voting systems is very old and was design to bring a balance for some problems of those old times. Isn’t more important to value the vote of every American as an individual? Why does the other type of vote have more value? It doesn’t seem fair or at least it looks strange and confusing.
:huh:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 4 months ago #349822

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804

Thank u for all the info. Guys very educational and did help me to understand the logic behind it. It is a complex system but I still think there are things on it that could disappoint some; and on the other hand encourage or give security to others; so maybe there is a balance. But I see both sides of the arguments of the people raising question about it and why they are scratching their heads.

Oh well its politics and math!! :sick:

But its democracy and at least u get to VOTE.

Last edit: by Acegirl.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 4 months ago #349839

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • GHOSTRIDER1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Yippie Die Yo Yippie Die Yay
  • Thank you received: 1873
The great thing about the US and its brand of democracy, is that it's a living breathing thing and it changes as it needs to. While some may be disappointed, our system provides a voice to everyone.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 4 months ago #349975

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375508

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Trump is Fuc't.

Set aside anything to do with politics, campaign finance, collusion, political conspiracy or obstruction of justice. I'm not even touching on that here.

Ever hear of the RICO act?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influe...pt_Organizations_Act

RICO is a Federal legal mechanism that allows prosecutors to attach enhanced penalties and to include multiple separate transgressions into one case. It requires only that there is an established pattern of racketeering by one or more entities. It is specifically designed to attach crimes carried out by others at the request or benefit of a "Boss".

To be prosecuted under RICO, prosecutors must prove the organization has committed at least 2 instances of racketeering within a 10 year period. Racketeering can include Money laundering, Bank fraud, mortgage fraud, "Creative accounting",
academic dishonesty (Trump Academy), tax evasions, intimidation and several others. There are many publicly known investigations into Trump businesses and evidence of many below the radar. They ain't all Fake News.

Special features include extensions of the statute of limitations and the ability to collect compensation from the guilty party up to 3X the original damages in both criminal and civil cases.

From Wiki: "Those found guilty of racketeering can be fined up to $25,000 and sentenced to 20 years in prison per racketeering count. In addition, the racketeer must forfeit all ill-gotten gains and interest in any business gained through a pattern of "racketeering activity."

So, How many counts of racketeering and how much profit and business interest has Trump received through ill-gotten gains?
RICO is under federal jurisdiction so it is under the U.S. Justice Department, headed by the Attorney General. There are many details about possible pardons by Trump or by his successors, but the Civil cases would be exempt.

Even if he never does time for any of this, the civil cases could bankrupt the Trump empire, including him and his family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375509

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[NLR] McFate wrote: Trump is Fuc't.

Set aside anything to do with politics, campaign finance, collusion, political conspiracy or obstruction of justice. I'm not even touching on that here.

RICO is a Federal legal mechanism that allows prosecutors to attach enhanced penalties and to include multiple separate transgressions into one case. It requires only that there is an established pattern of racketeering by one or more entities. It is specifically designed to attach crimes carried out by others at the request or benefit of a "Boss".

To be prosecuted under RICO, prosecutors must prove the organization has committed at least 2 instances of racketeering within a 10 year period. Racketeering can include Money laundering, Bank fraud, mortgage fraud, "Creative accounting",
academic dishonesty (Trump Academy), tax evasions, intimidation and several others. There are many publicly known investigations into Trump businesses and evidence of many below the radar. They ain't all Fake News.

Special features include extensions of the statute of limitations and the ability to collect compensation from the guilty party up to 3X the original damages in both criminal and civil cases.

From Wiki: "Those found guilty of racketeering can be fined up to $25,000 and sentenced to 20 years in prison per racketeering count. In addition, the racketeer must forfeit all ill-gotten gains and interest in any business gained through a pattern of "racketeering activity."

So, How many counts of racketeering and how much profit and business interest has Trump received through ill-gotten gains?
RICO is under federal jurisdiction so it is under the U.S. Justice Department, headed by the Attorney General. There are many details about possible pardons by Trump or by his successors, but the Civil cases would be exempt.

Even if he never does time for any of this, the civil cases could bankrupt the Trump empire, including him and his family.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, R E Z

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375512

• R E Z
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 771

If trump isnt fuc't then we are all fuc't.

It must be very disorienting to be a republican (if they’re paying attention).
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, dognamitt, Pegoud

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375527

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034

[NLR] McFate wrote: Trump is Fuc't.

Don't hold your breath here... If there were anything to this then Mueller would have found it by now and it'd be headline news... Two years and several million dollars later and nothing...

What I don't understand is how so many find it so easy to turn a blind eye to the crimes of the DNC and kin... If they hadn't cheated Bernie we would all be saying "President Sanders' today
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375657

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3775
The way I see it the Trump has put the US back to together all the people in the US who hate trump open your GOD DAMN EYE'S he has put people back to work and what is happening now Nancy Pelosi is holding the US hostage and the her own party as well and last week Nancy Pelosi wanted to go to a another country during the shutdown
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, Dogfight Dix

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375666

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3775
don't you watch the News ?

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375667

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Alex Galt wrote: don't you watch the News ?

i just did heres a clip i think your facts are wrong alex

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375672

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dognamitt wrote:

Alex Galt wrote: don't you watch the News ?

i just did heres a clip i think your facts are wrong alex

Right wing, Left wing = same bird...

Americans are but pawns of the billionaires and their profit motives... At least Trump appears to be attempting to protect American national sovereignty against the globalist billionaires and the new world order push...

Don't fall for the divide and conquer tactics as pushed by the media... research for your self, question the sources of what passes for news and follow the money trail... TV is social programming for the lazy and stupid...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Armament

Last edit: by nebular.

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375680

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The efficacy of the Trump presidency is subjective, it depends on who you ask. Even then it can depend on what topics you are asking about. I tend to discount anyone's opinion once they claim to be 100% for or 100% against. Personally I think he'd be getting far more broad support if he would just shut up. Any time he does something that people can get behind he makes it a disaster by exaggerating or out right lying about it. He is the President and has certain authorities yet his insecurities make him try to cultivate opinions instead of just letting people from their own.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about whether he is doing a good or bad job there is another question coming that will make all of the rest irrelevant. As the special counsel investigation wraps up we may be faced with the reality of a criminal administration who has come to power with the help and influence of a foreign power. We don't know yet, and no one will know the depth or breadth until the investigation is complete.

What then? If he is found to have conspired to commit election fraud against the U.S. his supporters may say "To hell with the law! Look at what he's done for the country" On the other hand, if no link is found between Trump himself and the Russian attack, his detractors may say "To hell with the law! Look at what he's done to the country!"

Either way, I see a constitutional crisis coming. The problem will be less if Trump is exonerated. If so his opponents may not like the results and may call for more investigations. They may want to highlight the money laundering and tax evasion of the Trump Organization and ask for impeachment proceedings for things not necessarily related to the election or presidency. If Trump is found to have conspired with Russia to defraud the election process, many more issues are going to be examined, including the legitimacy of his nominations to the Supreme Court.

This road is still very rocky and no one can actually see around the next bend. We live in interesting times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, dognamitt, Dogfight Dix, Pegoud

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375682

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Tempestas in portu.

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375693

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804
What ever happened to “WE THE PEOPLE”? I believe we the people have given to much power to the politicians. They are supposed to be administrators elected to run the country. But politicians are behaving like little KING’s and many or most serve themselves instead of serving the people. The wealthy and their companies have paid their way throw our laws and government to benefit their interest. What about we the people? Are we that important? NO, WE ARE NOT! That got lost some were… When you see politicians using the federal workers MILITARY, LAW ENFORCEMENT, FIRST RESPONDERS and others as pawn; the conclusion is that they DO NOT CARE about we the people. All those workers including soldiers are being true patriots and going to work for their country because they know is their duty. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DUTY THEY OWE THEM?? That one has clearly been put on hold, ignoring the hardships they are facing. That in not fair and it is not what you expect form your country. I understand the sense of responsibility of these workers, but there comes a time when you must take a stand. If the politicians don’t care and do not know how to move forward, WE THE PEOPLE must make our voice heard with ACTION. I strongly believe that all these workers should unite themselves and take a stand on the streets. They only need one day of everyone taking the streets and not showing up to work and the government will listen and stop the nonsense. They have the power; WE THE PEOPLE have the power… Can’t understand what they are waiting for to take a stand for themselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, R E Z, nebular, Alex Galt, Pegoud

Last edit: by Acegirl.

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375698

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It is kind of funny but actually very sad about how many people hold extreme views either pro or con about the current administration...

It just proves that they have fallen for one of the most effective divide and conquer ploys ever devised...

Neither you or I will ever see the real powers that control what passes as government...

The one thing this administration has proven beyond doubt is the two tiered justice system...

get back to work slave... go back to sleep sheep... nothing to see here

What ever you do, don't get a following with your attempts to stand up for your rights or you'll be in the crosshairs next
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, Cypher7{WP}

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375700

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet

Dogfight Presidental Election 5 years 2 months ago #375701

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Nebular wrote:
It is kind of funny but actually very sad about how many people hold extreme views either pro or con about the current administration...

It just proves that they have fallen for one of the most effective divide and conquer ploys ever devised...

This divide is literally Putin's victory.

From the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Dec 17, 2018:

Statement from Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-NC):
"Increasingly we've seen how social media platforms intended to foster open dialogues can be used by hostile foreign actors seeking to manipulate and subvert public opinion. This newly released data demonstrates how aggressively Russia saught to divide Americans by race, religion and ideaology..."

Moderators: WigbombCricketDoggy Dix
Time to create page: 1.457 seconds