×

Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads that are just too cool to even have to search for them. RULE: you can't create a thread in here, a moderator has to move it from any other location.

TOPIC: RC

RC 6 years 6 months ago #127947

  • [M]FOX#1
  • [M]FOX#1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Posts: 1412
  • Thank you received: 3804
Dent....
You said your getting into fpv?
Me to! :woohoo: Trying to find the best setup.
Looking at fatshark preaditor or attitude.
Which ones are you looking at? :huh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [M]FOX#1.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #127967

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736
I believe it was the Dominator's I was looking at. I'd have to go look at my note's again. I did some looking into and decided on the Fatshark's. There is a set of Goggles they make to fit around my glasses... Seem's to be the best fit for me. The Dominator's have good review's.... I'm still holding back. I want to make sure. The glasses are the biggest worry for me....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #127974

  • ColeMan
  • ColeMan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Woof!
  • Posts: 26
  • Thank you received: 23
I used to have a Traxxas truck that would hit about 30mph. My local hobby store has a dirt track for them, I'll take a pic next time I go, it's pretty sweet looking.

I go to the airfield and watch them fly all the time, and think how much I want a plane... Haha.

I'm going to get another truck or buggy for racing soon, anyone reccomend a good brushless motor truck or buggy?
Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #127997

  • [M]FOX#1
  • [M]FOX#1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Posts: 1412
  • Thank you received: 3804
I was myself looking at the Predators.
But there always out of stock! :P lol I guess that means that there good! Lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128031

  • madmax2069
  • madmax2069's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 54
  • Thank you received: 24
I'm mainly into RC cars/trucks. Have a 1/8 scale XTM mammoth nitro truck with a 24.7 (non pro) XTM engine. The pull Start's cable broke so I haven't been able to run it lately. But been passing time with my old x-mod in a huge garage (not stock).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, [NLR]Jacob10000

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by madmax2069.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128038

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736

fox#1 wrote: I was myself looking at the Predators.
But there always out of stock! :P lol I guess that means that there good! Lol


I remember lot's of good review's of the predators. I can't remember the difference in the Dominators, Newer version? Extra function's? I'll have to ck them out again.... Like I said, I shelved my notes and purchase for a bit. It was about a month ago I was looking at them... Dominators were the choice for me..For the life of me I can't remember why....I can't find my notes either...Things got kinda messed up when the water started coming in the basement.....lolol.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128040

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736

madmax2069 wrote: I'm mainly into RC cars/trucks. Have a 1/8 scale XTM mammoth nitro truck with a 24.7 (non pro) XTM engine. The pull Start's cable broke so I haven't been able to run it lately. But been passing time with my old x-mod in a huge garage (not stock).


Anyway You can rig a 12 starter like used on the planes nose cone to work on your truck?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128073

  • madmax2069
  • madmax2069's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 54
  • Thank you received: 24

dentinhead wrote:

madmax2069 wrote: I'm mainly into RC cars/trucks. Have a 1/8 scale XTM mammoth nitro truck with a 24.7 (non pro) XTM engine. The pull Start's cable broke so I haven't been able to run it lately. But been passing time with my old x-mod in a huge garage (not stock).


Anyway You can rig a 12 starter like used on the planes nose cone to work on your truck?


No clear way to get to the front or rear of the motor, I would have to take the pull start off and buy a drill start or maybe a battery start (EZ start 2).

I will probably just go the EZ start method as they are only around $50.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128171

  • [M]FOX#1
  • [M]FOX#1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Posts: 1412
  • Thank you received: 3804

dentinhead wrote:

fox#1 wrote: I was myself looking at the Predators.
But there always out of stock! :P lol I guess that means that there good! Lol


I remember lot's of good review's of the predators. I can't remember the difference in the Dominators, Newer version? Extra function's? I'll have to ck them out again.... Like I said, I shelved my notes and purchase for a bit. It was about a month ago I was looking at them... Dominators were the choice for me..For the life of me I can't remember why....I can't find my notes either...Things got kinda messed up when the water started coming in the basement.....lolol.....


Hmmmm sounds like you should get into boats! :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128380

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736
No Boat's for me. I don't care where the water is...... At least with a car or plane You have a very good chance of getting to the crash site..... Heh Heh...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128391

  • |111th|Kevy
  • |111th|Kevy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1656
  • Thank you received: 1028
Love reading this stuff!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128423

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736

Kevy wrote: Love reading this stuff!!!


Better watch out. Your gonna get hooked and the wife's gonna get reeaaal mad.... :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128426

  • |111th|Kevy
  • |111th|Kevy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1656
  • Thank you received: 1028
To late..I have some stuff. Sadly most need repaired :woohoo: :woohoo: . I need another electric motor for my Fast Cat. It burned one out. Helicopter is well....a darn helicopter. I break that faster than I can fix.
I grew up with a neighbor who made the old balsa wood ones and flew with cables. He made them so real! they were works of art. Exhaust,repairs,dirt lifelike pilots. With very little imagination and they were real!
I spent months on a spitfire. Flew it all the way to her death (about 2 mins.). She never made it through her first loop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128429

  • Manfred
  • Manfred's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Just Manfred
  • Posts: 2846
  • Thank you received: 3866
Lol we used to say "the ground came up and hit my plane."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, ColeMan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128431

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736
And That Tree Jumped.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128433

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736
Got the F-16 out about a half hour ago.. Lot's of fun...


Attachment not found



Attachment not found



Attachment not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, |111th|Kevy, Paul Mantz, Jr., [*M]bhfoust, [M]FOX#1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128487

  • [M]FOX#1
  • [M]FOX#1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Posts: 1412
  • Thank you received: 3804


This is my newest plane from parkzone.....icon 5

Loooooovvvvve parkzone!!! :woohoo:

I haven't yet tried it on water though......don't exactly want to crash it at sea! ;)
I need that boat Dentinhead is supposed to be getting for his basement:lol: :whistle:
Or a well trained water dog! :woohoo: :lol:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, |111th|Kevy, Paul Mantz, Jr., [*M]bhfoust

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [M]FOX#1.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128567

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736
Hey look's familiar.... :)
She has a tail wag at power down inflight... be ready for it...It's an awsome plane though. I fiber glassed the bottom of mine and take off in the grass all the time.... Works better on the pond also... :)
Icon A5 is awsome on the water.
This is a replica of a real plane you can buy..
If I ever win the lottery this is the plane I will buy....I have been watching the progress online. They also have a special trailer to tow the thing with.



Attachment not found



Attachment not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, Paul Mantz, Jr., [M]FOX#1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128615

  • ColeMan
  • ColeMan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Woof!
  • Posts: 26
  • Thank you received: 23
Dent, I have a serious case of garage envy..
Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, |111th|Kevy, [*M]bhfoust

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128624

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736
That's actually my shop area in the basement... I had a separate cornor cut out for RC, Reloading and craft's.
The garage is almost strictly for auto work.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ColeMan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128635

  • [M]FOX#1
  • [M]FOX#1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Posts: 1412
  • Thank you received: 3804
The icon 5 is what I want to put fpv in.
I've seen guys pop off the canopy and make a flat platform in its place.
Tons of room for a camera! :woohoo:

Oh and for those of you that want to get into the hobby. ......
The company I highly recommend is...... Horizon hobby and there Park zone / hobby zone products. If nothing else, they have the best customer service in the world! ;) you got a prob they'll fix it. And if you got faulty stuff. .. They will replace it free! Very good people! :cheer:
And there planes are highly respected. And I'd say that you could be in the sky with around $200.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [M]FOX#1.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128728

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736

fox#1 wrote: The icon 5 is what I want to put fpv in.
I've seen guys pop off the canopy and make a flat platform in its place.
Tons of room for a camera! :woohoo:

Oh and for those of you that want to get into the hobby. ......
The company I highly recommend is...... Horizon hobby and there Park zone / hobby zone products. If nothing else, they have the best customer service in the world! ;) you got a prob they'll fix it. And if you got faulty stuff. .. They will replace it free! Very good people! :cheer:
And there planes are highly respected. And I'd say that you could be in the sky with around $200.


Actually, Tower hobbies was selling the FlyZone Micro SE5A for $39 a couple of weeks ago. Ordered one for my brother n law... Great flying little plane... Ready to Fly....Dunno if the price is still low..

The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, [*M]bhfoust

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128792

  • Captain Noushbag
  • Captain Noushbag's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Posts: 856
  • Thank you received: 1228
Hey Dent, wonder if this is too big to be mounted on one of the bigger planes? How cool would it be to attach a two way video camera and this thing and go duck hunting? Bwahaha :woohoo:

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, |111th|Kevy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #128907

  • [M]FOX#1
  • [M]FOX#1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Posts: 1412
  • Thank you received: 3804

dentinhead wrote:

fox#1 wrote: The icon 5 is what I want to put fpv in.
I've seen guys pop off the canopy and make a flat platform in its place.
Tons of room for a camera! :woohoo:

Oh and for those of you that want to get into the hobby. ......
The company I highly recommend is...... Horizon hobby and there Park zone / hobby zone products. If nothing else, they have the best customer service in the world! ;) you got a prob they'll fix it. And if you got faulty stuff. .. They will replace it free! Very good people! :cheer:
And there planes are highly respected. And I'd say that you could be in the sky with around $200.


Actually, Tower hobbies was selling the FlyZone Micro SE5A for $39 a couple of weeks ago. Ordered one for my brother n law... Great flying little plane... Ready to Fly....Dunno if the price is still low..



That may be.... by I will live and die (I mean fly):P with HORIZON HOBBY AND PARKZONE! :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #129098

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736
Just got a PM that made me LMAO....
Ok, heres the deal (Hobby Shop)... I built the tables around the wall and the freestanding tables in the center and put the walls up, All with the understanding that Mrs Dent and little Dent would have their own space and their own table. I say's, But I have to do all the work.... Mrs Dent Say's, I wash your underwear.....
That's her sewing table against the wall and Her free standing table just infront of it.... I now have clean undies again..... BUT shhhhhh I made that table strong enough to hold an elephant.... HEE HEE...


Attachment not found



Attachment not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, Paul Mantz, Jr., ¥M4rtin¥

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #129117

  • [M]FOX#1
  • [M]FOX#1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Posts: 1412
  • Thank you received: 3804

dentinhead wrote: Just got a PM that made me LMAO....
Ok, heres the deal (Hobby Shop)... I built the tables around the wall and the freestanding tables in the center and put the walls up, All with the understanding that Mrs Dent and little Dent would have their own space and their own table. I say's, But I have to do all the work.... Mrs Dent Say's, I wash your underwear.....
That's her sewing table against the wall and Her free standing table just infront of it.... I now have clean undies again..... BUT shhhhhh I made that table strong enough to hold an elephant.... HEE HEE...


Attachment not found



Attachment not found


Funny :cheer: tooooooo funny
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #129353

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736
Here's most of my WW1 planes. All plane's in DF. Fox, the 2 bigger one's are Parkzone, Sopwith Camel in box is hangar 9(will be a bigger plane made of balsa and covering). Nieuport in middle is Eflite.
The smaller one's are Flyzone, All very good planes.
The small green Se5a is the one I got for my brother in law for $39 from tower hobbies. It's a great little flyer....Parts are very easy to find for these little flyzones... They usually run $100 or more...
Sorry for the messy table, was in a hurry, no time to clean up from last project... Next may be the A10
If you look in the back ground you will see the
SEWING MACHINE.... :cheer:


Attachment not found



Attachment not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, ¥M4rtin¥

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #129375

  • Captain Noushbag
  • Captain Noushbag's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Posts: 856
  • Thank you received: 1228
Heres the scenario for ya Dent...you've just been busted by B.L.S.H.T (Bureau of Logistical Spanking of Hobbyist Targets) BLSHT has just busted into your awesome garage and for reasons of having too much fun, has informed you that they will be confiscating all but one plane. Which plane do ya keep Dent?

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #129377

  • Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Posts: 2241
  • Thank you received: 2736
They better take that Darn Sewing machine first, Thing's in the way.....
I'd keep none of the one's pictured above..... Probably the trainer with the 6 foot wing span, can be used for FPV, Dropping rolls of toilet paper to the needy, can be flown 5 to 6 miles away if not more, still under control...With fuel tank and receiver battery I have can be flown an hour easy.... Take's great pictures and can see a loooooong way's....
Had a neighbor I accidently found out she sunbathed on her deck..... In conversation with them one day. My RC came up... This was my chance... I let them know I fly camera's and have for Years. The wife looks at the husband and say's I better stop tanning out back........ We all started laughing...They knew what I was getting at.....
B.L.S.H.T .. Where's the I. . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captain Noushbag

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 6 years 6 months ago #129395

  • Captain Noushbag
  • Captain Noushbag's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Posts: 856
  • Thank you received: 1228
You may have already but if not, post some of those arial photos..that always looked like something I'd love to get into

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 2.585 seconds