Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343357

• Armament
  • Armament's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • what is this life if full of care?
  • Thank you received: 1314
Hi Zup,

I am a PC player. In DF1, one could set the sensitivity of the controls and have a level playing field with players on other devices in terms of turning speed. Here PC players turn excruciatingly slowly. If an Fokker Dr1 carrying no bombs can't out turn a Sopwith camel with two bombs or a Spad with no bombs then that takes away the incentive to purchase an expensive plane and have it fully upgraded. (note: i bought and upgraded the Fokker Dr1 in DF1 and it was quite expensive to buy and upgrade then).

Please provide even turning speed for PC players and other devices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}, nebular, airwolff, DireWolf{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Armament. Reason: rhetoric out, reason in

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343358

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In all of us lies a wolf..waiting.
  • Thank you received: 2604
Great post!

I'm a PC player too. I have the top upgraded planes with same issue Armament mentions.

New folks should have the incentive to keep playing hard and learn. In fact it might make the new players wish to join squads and learn from those of us who have been around a bit and willing to teach. I know that hard work and learning from some of the top players in this game kept me coming back.

Please provide the even playing speed for PC and others.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Armament, nebular, airwolff

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343359

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
pc always had the advantage in df1 and it was a huge one but its a difficult skill to master i know i try it but i have 3 devices and each one turns at different rates and my ipad has a huge advantage if i use it over android zup cant go to every manufacturer and tune each device to be the same thats why there is a game engine
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brother john, Armament, Husky Dog

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343360

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
I know this is childish and petty but... I'm loving the SHIZ out of the fact that I can out-turn a PC now!!!

I got my butt handed to me by you guys for YEARS! Anytime I'd complain, the PC folks would reply with a "Welp, sucks to be you" attitude, so....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA! :P

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, D- CC RIDER, Gannet, Viper10{WP}, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, dognamitt, Armament, Cush62, uncertainty, DireWolf{WP} and 1 other people also said thanks.

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343362

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Husky,

Practice safe flying and always use your parachute. You daredevil..! :whistle:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Armament, Husky Dog

Last edit: by DireWolf{WP}.

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343364

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
If I could even get to my parachute! I either need better eyes or a larger device. This seems to be more my style lately.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Armament, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343366

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I crash a lot into planes too. I've noticed it happens for many players.

BTW, that's a funny pic! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Armament

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343372

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

It is discouraging when you get out-turned by an aircraft 2 tiers below yours. I know the tilt folks stated pc had the advantage in df1, but the turning speed of the aircraft were comparable... it was the sensitivity that gave the pc the edge. At least in the df1 days the actual turn radii were virtually equal, zup stated so in several threads on the topic. Not so much in elite.

Funny thing was I was really considering buying some kind of tilt device for df1 until zup added the sensitivity bar to pc. That one change really tipped the scales, at least in my experience.

Admittedly, I have learned a new skill, head on shooting, and have tried to adapt. So, thanks for that I suppose.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Armament, Husky Dog, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343375

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
I'm with Husky, I spent countless hours being dominated by new players in lesser planes telling me that they were just better than me. Oh how sweet it is to hear that the shoe is on the other foot. I am not hear to say I am the greatest turn fighter ever, but I can hold my own on a level playing field. That was all I had ever asked for. Now.... I hope it stays like this for at least a year or two.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER, Brother john, Viper10{WP}, Armament, Husky Dog, Cush62

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343376

• BLACK HAWK GRINCH
  • BLACK                                                                                                              HAWK GRINCH's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Been using macdonalds wifi since the 2000s
  • Thank you received: 265
Yes those evil Pc players Always Dominating in bombing matches cant even keep my bomb without having to drop to stop them from bombing while twisting IN CIRCLES
HAHAHAHAHAHA REVENGE WIL' BE SWEET
The following user(s) said Thank You: Armament, Husky Dog

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343380

• Cush62
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Can't died...i buried him next to don't want too
  • Thank you received: 820
It is by far the best part of elite, to see the tails of the pc dominators.their turn to cry a little.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brother john, Armament, Husky Dog

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343381

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
I am PC and dont mind Tilt having a little advantage. What blows me away though is that some planes almost look like the turn inside out in a direction change. Not realistic as the G force for such a move would tear the plane and pilot into pieces. It also takes away your ability to set up a series of moves to put your opponent in your sights. As they can immediately deviate 180 degrees and have your 6. I guess this is where PC players need to get creative. Fly in pairs. One pilot engage 2nd pilot snipe :dry: :huh: . Or vise versa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Viper10{WP}, Armament, Husky Dog, airwolff, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343382

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656

Cypher7{WP**} wrote: I am PC and dont mind Tilt having a little advantage. What blows me away though is that some planes almost look like the turn inside out in a direction change. Not realistic as the G force for such a move would tear the plane and pilot into pieces. It also takes away your ability to set up a series of moves to put your opponent in your sights. As they can immediately deviate 180 degrees and have your 6. I guess this is where PC players need to get creative. Fly in pairs. One pilot engage 2nd pilot snipe :dry: :huh: . Or vise versa.

This is exactly what the tilt players went through, I would be twisting with a PC player and see their tail, while they shot me.... After about 10,000 deaths, you will find ways to counter. Get creative.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Armament, Husky Dog, pmoon1{WP}, Cypher7{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343383

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Cypher7{WP**} wrote: I am PC and dont mind Tilt having a little advantage. What blows me away though is that some planes almost look like the turn inside out in a direction change. Not realistic as the G force for such a move would tear the plane and pilot into pieces. It also takes away your ability to set up a series of moves to put your opponent in your sights. As they can immediately deviate 180 degrees and have your 6. I guess this is where PC players need to get creative. Fly in pairs. One pilot engage 2nd pilot snipe :dry: :huh: . Or vise versa.

That's not pc/ tilt issue. I think that's lag. Was in a game with Dire this afternoon where I'd get on his six and then BAM! His plane shifted direction and he was gone. The whole game was super laggy. Flag couldn't get picked up, etc. been in other games where planes were flying with the nose down but straight at me!

Maybe it's a ghost. Or aliens... Probably aliens.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Brother john, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Armament, Cypher7{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343384

• BLACK HAWK GRINCH
  • BLACK                                                                                                              HAWK GRINCH's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Been using macdonalds wifi since the 2000s
  • Thank you received: 265
Husky please don't accuse ghost ...accuse those werewolfs in wolf pack they are the real monsters in the sky not me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343385

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[*M]VonHuLK wrote:

This is exactly what the tilt players went through, I would be twisting with a PC player and see their tail, while they shot me.... After about 10,000 deaths, you will find ways to counter. Get creative.

Thanks Big guy. I will be getting lots of practice as the majority of games seem to be Zep or dog fight. Got to get better at using toggle view when flying to see where my enemy is when getting chased. The touch mouse on PC is finicky. Think I need to get a external game mouse so I can click different views
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Brother john, Armament, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343386

• airwolff
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • seek wisdom
  • Thank you received: 257

wow - i see a fair amount of shadenfreude here against PC players, left over from DF1. ok, i haven't been playing the game as long as some of you, and if you suffered a long time with PC players dominating the game, i can certainly sympathize. but the request here is for an even playing field, not an advantage.

i'm not one of the PC players who had the advantage of imbalance for multiple years, and new players from all platforms join all the time. does it really make you feel happy that some players who's only heinous crime is to play on a PC are set at a disadvantage? does that really make the game better for you?

i suspect if you consider carefully you will find that is not really the case.

i am a PC player, but i wasn't there for "years" yukking it up at an imbalance in my favor. in fact coming up the ranks while playing DF1 i hardly have a stellar record to show for my PC "advantage." please don't toss me the "suck it up buttercup" card i don't believe i deserve. a game balanced so everyone has to succeed based on their skill and experience rather than their playing platform would make a better game for everyone, i am thinking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Armament, nebular, Cypher7{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

Last edit: by airwolff.

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343388

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
airwolff wrote:

but the request here is for an even playing field, not an advantage.

Someone read it! :ohmy: ;)

When I was the PC player who could turn fast, I would advocate for those players that played on other devices. I've adapted my play for this new format.

And if you had have a low tier plane, why bother spending $$ to upgrade? I've seen the noob plane fly as fast as my top planes when they drop. That was never the way it was in Df1.

If it's possible to make it fair, why not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Armament, nebular, airwolff

Last edit: by DireWolf{WP}.

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343393

• Armament
  • Armament's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • what is this life if full of care?
  • Thank you received: 1314
Does it make sense for zup to have negligible incentive for PC players to purchase and upgrade higher tier planes?
The only thing worse than having a low-tier plane is having a high-tier plane which gets outdone by your old flying coffin!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, airwolff, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343394

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Armament wrote: Does it make sense for zup to have negligible incentive for PC players to purchase and upgrade higher tier planes?
The only thing worse than having a low-tier plane is having a high-tier plane which gets outdone by your old flying coffin!

Its Zuperland :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343395

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

airwolff wrote: wow - i see a fair amount of shadenfreude here against PC players, left over from DF1. ok, i haven't been playing the game as long as some of you, and if you suffered a long time with PC players dominating the game, i can certainly sympathize. but the request here is for an even playing field, not an advantage.

i'm not one of the PC players who had the advantage of imbalance for multiple years, and new players from all platforms join all the time. does it really make you feel happy that some players who's only heinous crime is to play on a PC are set at a disadvantage? does that really make the game better for you?

i suspect if you consider carefully you will find that is not really the case.

i am a PC player, but i wasn't there for "years" yukking it up at an imbalance in my favor. in fact coming up the ranks while playing DF1 i hardly have a stellar record to show for my PC "advantage." please don't toss me the "suck it up buttercup" card i don't believe i deserve. a game balanced so everyone has to succeed based on their skill and experience rather than their playing platform would make a better game for everyone, i am thinking.

What you missed was the few pc players who truly thought they were that much better, and gloating and beating their chests like they were all that. Those same folks would call me out when I got the best of them, usually attributing it to having a better computer than actual skill, which was kind of a slap in the face. Not that I had more experience or anything like that, it was always an excuse why I would get them. Those folks were the ones that really left me with a sour feeling about pc players, and I play on a pc! I got a dislike for those folks so much that I would watch carefully how they played and make an effort not to play that way too. You know, looping in just to get behind you. To this day I still wont loop, and dislike those that do. Does that make sense?

Yes, I have had to adapt in elite and have gotten much better at head on shooting, and always fly with a wingman when possible. Admittedly, in df1 head on shooting was next to impossible for pc players as the aircraft would never hold steady, and the input was very twitchy causing fine adjustments in fire direction impossible. The only way to survive was to get past the head on snipers and play the turn fight game. That's all well and good. Still, getting easily out-turned by a lesser plane in elite is frustrating. It would be much less discouraging if it was other top planes beating me, but that isn't the problem. If it were only being beaten by equivalent aircraft I wouldn't even be worried about it.

What I also find interesting is the people who are gloating about the new disparity. I would think that, as folks who have been there, they would be more empathetic and also be asking zup for equality among the platforms instead of acting the same as the folks who gloated over their advantage when the shoe was on the other foot. I simply cannot wrap my head around that logic, it makes no sense.

Put us all on the same playing field. If you beat me, that's just fine. Ill take my lumps and figure out a way to beat you, maybe. Don't put me on a lopsided field, that's all I am asking. I don't see that as an unreasonable request, do you?

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, Armament, nebular, Cypher7{WP}, airwolff, DireWolf{WP}

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343396

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

Cypher7{WP**} wrote:

Armament wrote: Does it make sense for zup to have negligible incentive for PC players to purchase and upgrade higher tier planes?

Its Zuperland :cheer:

I bought an E ticket for all the rides! :woohoo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Armament, Cypher7{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343398

• Cush62
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I fly my t5 and t7 on huck account and find that t5 planes are NOT as fast as t7. In a flat turn where both are attempting to see each others tail, the t7 gains on the t5. But then again it could be my lack of skills.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brother john, Viper10{WP}, Armament, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343399

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
First of all, an eindeker should out turn a top tier plane as it is a nimble little plane and it flies at a slower speed so they should have a tighter radius but painfully slow at climbing. As for the pc vs. tilt, I flew for months in df1 getting my butt handed to me and I rarely asked what they flew but I managed to finally get to an even kill to death rate then came elite and once again I had to be schooled for a few months, this time with a lot less new players in the game. I am happy to say that I have finally gotten back to an even kdr and I still don't ask what device people are playing on. I haven't noticed where I have a huge advantage over anyone, I think I am improving slightly at the part of the game that I love and that is turn fighting. By the way I fly an android tablet, I have tried pc and really couldn't get the hang of it( in df1) my kids laugh at me twisting and turning and straining, using body English! I don't think anyone has a big advantage but you can buy a tablet for not too much money if you think that's the secret.

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Armament, Cypher7{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

Last edit: by pmoon1{WP}. Reason: Autocorrect

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343401

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

Huckleberry *EOI* wrote: I fly my t5 and t7 on huck account and find that t5 planes are NOT as fast as t7. In a flat turn where both are attempting to see each others tail, the t7 gains on the t5. But then again it could be my lack of skills.

On the same platform I imagine it would be that way. The discussion regards different platforms. On my pc, the t4 is also slower than the t7. Makes perfect sense.

Please don't turn this personal. Nobody said anything about lack of skills. Huck you shot me out of the sky plenty in df1 and have plenty of skills. I am admittedly an average player at best.

What was discussed, by me, was the folks who flew pc in df1 gloating and saying they were so much better than the tilt folks. I was not among those folks, and I still have a dislike for those folks. All they did was make matters worse to the point where folks wouldnt even fly with you because of the platform you were using. I was, and still am, put off by that attitude from any player regardless of platform. The fact that there are now folks who do the same thing because the tables are turned, well that makes those folks no better than the folks who did that when pc's had the upper hand in my opinion. Not my style. Its bad form to gloat. If that is you, well then you know where I stand and I know where you stand. If that isn't you, please accept my apologies. Enough said.

I think it was nebular, who plays on different hardware, that timed his turn radius using both pc and a tablet, and found the tablet (tilt) had a large advantage regarding turn speed. He could complete a 360 degree turn noticeably faster on his tablet. Same account, same aircraft. It would be great if those times were equal for all, don't you agree?

The following user(s) said Thank You: airwolff, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343402

• Cush62
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Not taking it personal at all sir Viper, just an observation of turning speeds.
Im not one to bullie a newer or lesser player but i must admit when i see an old dropper or bullie from df 1.....its on like donkey kong lol bz my friend!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brother john, Viper10{WP}, dognamitt, Armament, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343403

• Brother john
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 327
Hehe to huck and Cypher. Time and again i kept telling u it was the clover leaves and horseshoes lololol. Make sure u get those canadian clover leaves, not the brits or yanks.. If u opt for horseshoes remember to bring the horse along too for extra effect. the weight of the horse will make your turns fast and ridiculous. Note: never use rabbitfoot. It rots and stench the cockpit. And one last important things hehehe. When u kill a tough red just text out it was just your lucky day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Doggy Dix, dognamitt

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343405

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
viper is correct some players would gloat and say they where just better players i played many pc players and some where too good. i didn't understand how i can see a planes tail fin and be shot at the same time by the plane i was chasing.the flip side of the coin is i take my hat off to pc players as i tried it and its so so hard to do'just keeping the plane steady is a feat in itself then to try and hit a plane its a multi tasking nightmare .lil got quite good at it and used the practice missions to hone her skills.after a year off work sick i got my work ipad back with my spare account on it (another sales guy claimed while i was laid up )the old ipad i got back is a ipad 1 which in df1 was very twitchy and hard to play with but as it had lte cellular i could play n the car while on the sales road (should have seen the strange looks i got me twisting and cussing in the car ) but this ipad 1 can out turn the best of them even my brand new high end android tab.all the parts in these devices are different and will never be the same
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brother john, Viper10{WP}, Armament

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343407

• Brother john
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 327
Haha. The swede finally. Lol. I never try out the swede clover though. Haha. Big guy u wont get another chance. I m out of df for good. Guess the ticker is about to bliw a gasket . Yup. Just got on Palringo(Roy pulled me in there. Never knew that brit is such a smooth sweet talker).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doggy Dix, Cush62

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 6 months ago #343409

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

Huckleberry *EOI* wrote: Not taking it personal at all sir Viper, just an observation of turning speeds.
Im not one to bullie a newer or lesser player but i must admit when i see an old dropper or bullie from df 1.....its on like donkey kong lol bz my friend!

Okay, I was afraid you were. WHEW!

LOL I get exactly what you are saying about the old droppers and bullies from df1. I sit back and smile myself... karma, fate, call it what you like. Either way, it is pretty satisfying to me as well. (I hate to admit it, but it really, really is.)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cush62

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds