TOPIC:

Kicking Idle Players From A Game 8 years 11 months ago #262869

• Armament
  • Armament's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • what is this life if full of care?
  • Thank you received: 1314

Armament wrote: As you know, teams form rather evenly these days and it is rare to get outnumbered or heavily outnumbered. This means that is you have a player who is clogging the runway, or is just sitting here or there, not flying, not fighting, not doing anything (this happens with new guys more often, but even seasoned players sometimes do it) then it is better that that person should leave the game and join another, later. But they just sit there hogging capacity which if vacated could be filled by a valuable player.

My suggestion is that there should be a time limit for such players who do nothing for extended periods of time and they should be warned a couple of times and if still they don't move, should be kicked out of the game.

People may try to trick the system by making token movements on receiving warnings and then go back to idling, in such cases, there should be no subsequent warning and the next time the threshold expires, they should be kicked without warning.

Armament wrote: About kicking players, I never meant that they be kicked out of the game and barred form playing altogether!

What I meant was that now that team formations are rather even and it is difficult for either side to outnumber or get outnumbered, in that case if a player is idling for a given amount of time then that player should be kicked from *that particular game* he can join the next available game for all I care.

Since teams are more or less even these days, an idling player is a distinct disadvantage.

Removing someone by voting is a bad idea. I like what horribelbreast said, that once you land or stop moving after being shot down instead of hitting the 'retry' option than a timer like the one in CTC mission must start (of course with reasonable time in case someone needs to take a bathroom break :lol: ) at the end of which you will be kicked form the game and another, more useful player might join.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Western Star

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kicking Idle Players From A Game 8 years 11 months ago #266040

• Armament
  • Armament's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • what is this life if full of care?
  • Thank you received: 1314

Armament wrote: As you know, teams form rather evenly these days and it is rare to get outnumbered or heavily outnumbered. This means that is you have a player who is clogging the runway, or is just sitting here or there, not flying, not fighting, not doing anything (this happens with new guys more often, but even seasoned players sometimes do it) then it is better that that person should leave the game and join another, later. But they just sit there hogging capacity which if vacated could be filled by a valuable player.

My suggestion is that there should be a time limit for such players who do nothing for extended periods of time and they should be warned a couple of times and if still they don't move, should be kicked out of the game.

People may try to trick the system by making token movements on receiving warnings and then go back to idling, in such cases, there should be no subsequent warning and the next time the threshold expires, they should be kicked without warning.

Armament wrote: About kicking players, I never meant that they be kicked out of the game and barred form playing altogether!

What I meant was that now that team formations are rather even and it is difficult for either side to outnumber or get outnumbered, in that case if a player is idling for a given amount of time then that player should be kicked from *that particular game* he can join the next available game for all I care.

Since teams are more or less even these days, an idling player is a distinct disadvantage.

Removing someone by voting is a bad idea. I like what horribelbreast said, that once you land or stop moving after being shot down instead of hitting the 'retry' option than a timer like the one in CTC mission must start (of course with reasonable time in case someone needs to take a bathroom break :lol: ) at the end of which you will be kicked form the game and another, more useful player might join.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kicking Idle Players From A Game 8 years 11 months ago #266260

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Finn and Kimber,

Welcome to Plur's Fan Club!

:lol: :silly:

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] Finn, Acegirl, KimberWolf {WP}