Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14800

• Mr. Serious
  • Mr. Serious's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I have been playing this game for 3 mnths or so and I seem to have problems holding my sights still and seeing the enemy.....I currently use a droid x2. I would love to know what other players use and also what phone would work the best.....

With my line of work (construction company owner)...I usually have lots of time to play, and would consider buying another phone just to just to make my game experience better.

Its frustrating sometimes when i cant seem to hold my sights on the enemy (new or experienced) etc.....

Thanks

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14801

• getatthisdude89
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
I use the LG thrill 3d. Game is amazing in 3d. I'd say the bigger the screen the better. The new Nexus is sweet.

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14802

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
I use a 7" HTC View tablet - I can only hit someone when they are actually visible as a plane - never have had a 'kill' from afar.

I am astounded how well some can shoot - the other day I happened to be on with Chan and Strachan, both going at it at my base - I managed to get within a few feet of the other base to bomb thinking Chan is too far away and distracted - wrong :dry: - simultaneous with my touching the 'bomb' button Chan pops me from outer space - gad, after all that sneaking around to get there... he also cleaned my clock several other times in that game.
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Last edit: by iQQi. Reason: add icon

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14803

• joshstewart
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 84
Im using the htc evo 4g B)

The official 111th Falcon Squadron Website:http://falcon.spruz.com/
quam multa de eis potest nos mori
(how many of them can we make die)

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14805

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
My screen is a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"..... i can hit long distance shots quite often but most of the time i have to squint just to see where to aim....dogfighting is another issue with my small screen.....also in games where there is snow causes a problem on my small screen......

I want to get a tablet or somthing similar before my kill/death ratio goes too far out of control....
One problem i may have when i get a new tablet is that i am not sure if i would be able to keep my same account....if thats the case i will probably quit

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14807

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
I use a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone. It has a comfortable 4.27 inch AMOLED screen, quite a bit bigger than the screen of the iphone.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the new Galaxy Note which has a 5,3" screen.

In my experience the much larger tablets take some getting used to. You need to move your fingers over longer distances and at least initially I found I was much more vulnerable to enemy fire on the Galaxy tab than on the sleek and elegant S2 that is so easy to handle that it almost feels like a part of the body.

The uneven, slightly step-wise movements don't seem to depend on what phone you use, but probably have more to do with the update frequency of the mobile networks.

I think that whatever phone you use, you will never have really smooth movements, and aiming at a distance will never be really easy.

If I use an hdmi cable to connect one of my phones to a TV set, I get pixel sharp images, and it's much easier to see planes at a distance, but the uneven movements also become much more noticeable. What is ok on a phone, becomes unpleasant to the degree it almost gives you motion sickness when transferred to a large screen.

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14808

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

General jackson wrote: when i get a new tablet is that i am not sure if i would be able to keep my same account....

I don't remember any such problem when I upgraded from my old android to the Samsung Galaxy S2. I think due to the Google account most of the apps I had bought just popped up un the new phone without me having to do a thing about it. My rank and other Dogfight details were the same as before.

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14809

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

veidar2 wrote:

General jackson wrote: when i get a new tablet is that i am not sure if i would be able to keep my same account....

I don't remember any such problem when I upgraded from my old android to the Samsung Galaxy S2. I think due to the Google account most of the apps I had bought just popped up un the new phone without me having to do a thing about it. My rank and other Dogfight details were the same as before.[/quote

Unfortunately this has not been true for me. I'm stuck on my ancient phone because when I've tried moving to my new one, Dogfight wants to reinitialize my account such that I lose my rank and all my planes. Even Zup can't help. :( So be careful!

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14810

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

PluribusUnum wrote: Dogfight wants to reinitialize my account such that I lose my rank and all my planes. Even Zup can't help. :( So be careful!

When I bought the game, it was paid for automatically from my bank account through "Google play". My Google logon name and password then served to identify me and gave me access to my apps on the new phone as well as on the old one.

I thought it would be the same on whatever Android phone I might switch to later, but I may be wrong?

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14811

• getatthisdude89
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
Pretty sure you can keep your account just remember your login information for the game so when you download the apparently you can sign in.

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14814

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

veidar2 wrote:

PluribusUnum wrote: Dogfight wants to reinitialize my account such that I lose my rank and all my planes. Even Zup can't help. :( So be careful!

When I bought the game, it was paid for automatically from my bank account through "Google play". My Google logon name and password then served to identify me and gave me access to my apps on the new phone as well as on the old one.

I thought it would be the same on whatever Android phone I might switch to later, but I may be wrong?[/quote

The app will be downloaded and installed automatically, but when I enter the email and password associated with my Dogfight account, that's when it wants to reinitialize my rank, etc. It thinks I should revert back to aspirant (who knows, maybe it's right).

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14816

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Galaxy s2

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14818

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
FWIW:
I tried my wife's iPod touch and created a new account.
I actually fond it easier in some ways to play, yet when I went back to the 7" HTC it was much better visually and more enjoyable.

That said, my kills using the Touch were higher in the games I played which was a surprise to me. It seemed like the smaller screen forced the display to maybe filter/concentrate the hit area - maybe my imagination, but still seemed easier to focus and hit.
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14820

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
Thank you very much for the info.....I will stick it out with my droid x2 for a bit longer, i will have too grin and bear the glitchyness and hard to see targets....
Thanks again everyone
james

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14821

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

PluribusUnum wrote: when I enter the email and password associated with my Dogfight account, that's when it wants to reinitialize my rank, etc.

Are you sure you don't use your Forum password which may be different from the one in the game?

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14822

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
When you quote, there is no need to include the complete message. You may edit the quote and choose the relevant words or passages.

If you do so, you must make sure you don't accidentally delete any of the square brackets.

For a quote to be marked as a quote it must start with a code:

[q u o t e = "name of quoted user" post = message number ]

After which should follow the quote itself

And at the end of it there must be an unquote code which looks like this:

[/q u o t e]

If any of the square parentheses, or the unquote backslash, or any other part of the codes are deleted, the quote will be shown as ordinary text, and the incomplete codes will also be visible.

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14824

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

veidar2 wrote:

PluribusUnum wrote: when I enter the email and password associated with my Dogfight account, that's when it wants to reinitialize my rank, etc.

Are you sure you don't use your Forum password which may be different from the one in the game?

Yes I'm sure, because it takes the password. My forum password wouldn't work, of course, as it's different.

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14825

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

veidar2 wrote: When you edit quotes, be sure you don't accidentally delete any of the square brackets.

For a quote to be marked as a quote it must start with a quote code:

[q u o t e = "name of quoted user" post = message number ]

After which should follow the quote itself

And at the end of it there must be an unquote code which looks like this:
[/q u o t e]

My stupid phone drops the close quote bracket, for some reason. Really annoying.

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14826

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
B) Sorry for having tried to teach you what you obviously knew well on beforehand. Please bear with me. :oops:

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14832

• junkhole61
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 238
I use an iPad2. I tried using my iPhone 4S but it's impossible for me to see the details on the screen. I have great respect for players who use a cellphone.

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14836

• _eBu_
  • Thank you received: 23
started with my wife's iphone 4s, then i use my own xperia arc with 4.2" screen. sometimes the processor is not enough, there appears a shaking view but not bad at all. i also tried to connect it to my lcd tv to get a bigger screen, but actually it did not matter much cause you look at the screen from at least 2 m distance, but when you play on a cell the distance is only 15 cm. the more important point is as you are playing a touch screen game, you have to see your fingers location, which i could not do when playing on lcd. so i am going to play it on a cell phone with a at least 3.5" screen as long as i have not a tablet or i pad, which i believe will help for better aiming.

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14837

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

I play on an I pad 1 it's old I need new 1. :woohoo: I have played on mt friends I phone 4 it's cool but to small for this old guy. :P

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14843

• *D~x~P-29*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 330
Hi all,
To share I use the HTC Evo 4g, I really like this particular phone allot, it took some time getting used to just playing with the function on the game itself, obviously when it come to shoot at or down enemy planes. My biggest challenge would be when to shoot whether your close enough or if you remember where about the plane is under there name. Through time and accumilating points ($) or buying points to advance in the purchase of the aircraft, and with a little more time on the playing field I'm sure anyone you"ll or anyone else will do well.
I also have an Acer 500 iconia tablet, its really nice to view the game, but I find it really takes some getting used to, all though the site on the Gunship is much larger and may seem to serve well. But the menuevering on the tablet I find a little tough for me.

See you out there....

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14945

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
Well i finally made a habit of re-booting my phone more often and also re-callebrate my phone before i start playing.....I have done this from time to time ( but not enough)... This prevents my phone from glitching and helps my aiming tremendously.....
This morning i was getting very frustrated that everyone ( new and advanced) was killing me...my bullets were going straight through them and i have been getting shot without seeing any bullets fired by the enemy...(of course this went on for along time)

I never put 2 and 2 together.....some days my game is smooth and aiming is great( just after i reboot)...other days it seemed as thoug h
All i ever do is get shot...

Now about 90% of the time my plane is much more steady and there is hardly any glitching and no choppiness in my aiming.

Hopefully this helps me increase my kill/ death ratio.

So we will see

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14950

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Ipad2 and4s
Good point on the rebooting General. Can I add make sure all your background apps are closed. On the wifi end I have my kids tell me before they go on! Can't fly when 3 things are all steaming on my wifi.

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14952

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I use an iPad2 ;)
[img]i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/myatsoethet/squadleader.jpg[/img]

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14954

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
Droid Incredible and thick Bi focals B)

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14957

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
Lol dentinhead.....thanks kevy......yeah i usually kill everything running.....i dont use wifi though...verizon wireless is my carrier...

Rebooting helps quite a bit....still have some normal lag early in the morning..prolly due to alot of users being on.....and the snow scenes are hard cause i cant see the red very well against the grey/white backdrop.....i usually try to avoid the snow scenes ..atleast till i get a bigger screen

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14974

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
lol dent! glad to see ur on here! :)

i use an iPad 2.

if u cant hold it still, turn sensitivity down a little bit. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: what phone does everyone use???? 12 years 1 week ago #14975

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
My sensativity is at approx 90% or so....i messed with it at different levels and anything lower than 90% causes a glitchy aim.

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds