Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #13964

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
its not ruined. the players named "#####" can be seen now. they just think they cant! ;) easy pickins! ;) as for the ' .. etc. names, well, answer with bullets. your good enough. :)
See you in the skies!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #13967

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: its not ruined. the players named "#####" can be seen now. they just think they cant! ;) easy pickins! ;) as for the ' .. etc. names, well, answer with bullets. your good enough. :)

It's not the new players that bother me try looking it to the sun looking for plain with crossed swords and the name . '
U can't c them it's messing with the game.

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #13968

• [NLR]*XxXxX*
  • [NLR]*XxXxX*'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 594

let's do this everyone change their name to ' and see how many people play dogfight impossible. I know the answer it would be two and they are starting to hate each other. Not fun

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #13969

• *xxXXXxx*
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm a new player and i will not play a game that you can't see your enemy. I was in a game and ' said that wasn't cheating. He can see my but I can't see him. No thanks I want my money back

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #13970

• junkhole61
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 238
I suggest each player gets a default name for each scenario. To your allies, you would appear as Ally1, along with your rank. To your enemies you would appear as Enemy1, along with your rank. To see who each player is, consult the roster, as we do now to see the total kills/falls per scenario. That levels the playing field for combat, but you can still see who is who.

Another solution would be to change the rank icons so that they have an outline, and do away with names on the screen altogether. That would reduce clutter, even the playing field, but leave doubt about identity if multiple people on a team have the same rank.

Another solution would be that if someone tries to change their name to one that has less than three alphanumeric characters, they automatically get assigned a default name of "AAA". Disallow symbols, since they are being abused.

When I get into a game with someone using a single symbol (and they have always been high ranking) I just leave the game, whether they are ally or enemy. If they don't want to play fair, I won't play. Same with spawn killers. If there's spawnkilling on tap, friend or foe doing it, I leave. It's disheartening to get endlessly obliterated so that some "hero" can pad his kill numbers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, [NLR]*XxXxX*, Seattle2

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #13973

• Seattle2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Totally agree with Junkhole ( though wouldn't complain if you changed your name!) Or maybe all no names could just automatically be labelled "cutie pie" as a deterrent

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #13976

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I dont want the social aspect to be removed. I hope z doesnt. It also takes away from stratagy, cuz u only know that "enemy 2" is a II air marshal, but if "enemy 4" is too, who do i shoot at? If im dealing with players that i can identify, i know who to shoot first, cuz i know whos better.

XXXXX, dont worry about the short names. Think of it this way: if theres only one character in their name, you have an ARROW pointing at their plane, telling u where to shoot before you can even see their plane. If you choose to become a sniper, thats EXTREMELY helpful. It wouldnt be much better if someone named themselves \\\/// lol! :) that guy you mentioned, btw, is WAMP, or ZAKANAS. hes one of our top aces WITH a name, and i agree he should change it, cuz our snipers can hit him without the target, but new players like u need a larger name, cuz ur not used to it. Its a great game, just deal with the short names. A slightly altered quote from slenderman; " I couldnt stop them, so instead of complaining, I learned to be good! ;)" thats similar to what he said one time. Ive seen u fly, ur not bad for a new player. Just keep practicing, and WAMP will have to change his name to save himself from you! ;) :)
See you in the skies!

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #13989

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 26

B Strachan wrote:

isaactheman wrote: I just hate that, only cowards, idiots, and disgraces to the good name of dogfight do that crap.

B) y are so manny great players changing there names even in top 100 ther are 3 or 4 that have done so. Y I don't under stand. Mbizzi

I'm sorry guys. I think. Made him do it, because I was killing him a lot in a game yesterday. I also checked forum right after that game to see if I moved up in top 100 players and saw him as € €. He doesn't like me.....sad but tre :P
[img]i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/myatsoethet/squadleader.jpg[/img]

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14002

• junkhole61
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
though wouldn't complain if you changed your name!)

Done. I'm now Jh61. "Junkhole" was a name I created for an email account many years ago, an account I would give to websites that demanded one, but not my primary account. It was a sink for junk email that followed.

The word "junk" has come to mean genitals over the last few years, and people assume a meaning for the name which was never intended. It was never meant to shock or to offend, but I see that it has. Sorry! :)

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14003

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Guys a guy name "x" started this whole thing. I got mad at him and made my name invisible and people like mbizzi ddubbaj and wamp started coping me.

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14005

• junkhole61
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: I dont want the social aspect to be removed. I hope z doesnt. It also takes away from stratagy, cuz u only know that "enemy 2" is a II air marshal, but if "enemy 4" is too, who do i shoot at? If im dealing with players that i can identify, i know who to shoot first, cuz i know whos a

Enemy1 with rank on screen is what I meant. Ally1 with rank. You'll know the rank on the screen. If you need to know who someone is you can still consult the kill roster. Social aspect remains, but in a less convenient way, thanks to some selfish players.

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14019

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Brian, ive heard mbizzi say good things about u. What make u think he doesnt like u?

Junk, ive gotta say that i did think that originally, but i dont think many players care once they know you. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14032

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Guys I think we should just drop this topic. They are not going to change their names and zuperman is working on it. So let him do his work instead of complain about it. Because its just slowing him down. I just sucked it up and go with it.

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14043

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I dont usually post on forums, but there were compaints about my name which is gen~~~~~~~~~~jack. They say its too long. I can understand no namers or a name with one symbol are a problem but come on!! We usually choose the names we like and its getting to the point where we will all have to please everyone with a standard 4 letter name that they can see. Mine used to be general jackson, but had to change it cause my plane was right under the letter j. I was always getting shot down because of that. So i decided to add ~~~~~ between the name to make it a bit more challanging for others to hit....it works well.....i dont believe i should have to change it again for anyone....
Thanks
james

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14064

• [NLR]*XxXxX*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I was just in a game with wamp or should i say §. I killed him like 15 times. He didn't even hit me one time. And he was in the skinny plane. I'm so happy :) B)

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14069

• KILLERNOOB
  • Thank you received: 2
Lol fail for wamp

I think Calvin brought up the link that said change name (trying to help u) well he did help us change but people over change their name a lot

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14122

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
lol, good job reid!
See you in the skies!

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14135

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey veidar, should I change my name to \\\\\\\\<>////////? Temporarily of course.

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14144

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
....Why would you do that? Just keep it as Green Freedom.

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14154

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Haha, ive made jokes about changing no namers names to a target like that for compensation for screwing up our game. :P
See you in the skies!

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14158

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, it was a joke...veidar and Calvin were talking about that :P Just a litte humor :lol: I'm kinda fooling around with my names. I'm going to stop soon, though ;)

See y'all in the skies,

Green freedom

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14264

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
It's not that an invisible name here and there detracts so much from the game, but when top players choose invisible names, they set an example.

After all, it's only the small fry who need an extra advantage like that, and when they don't do it, it's because they have some pride! When a top player who doesn't need to hide himself chooses to do so, it's either cowardess, or thinking that winning a game is more important than it is.

If everyone were to follow the example of the top-rank no namers, then suddenly Dogfight would become a simple shoot-em-up game as stupid as any of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, junkhole61

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14266

• [NLR]*XxXxX*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

well said veidar2. karma for you :)

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14268

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Think of it this way everyone, u get better, I used to have a lot of trouble with no names but now I dont have as much trouble soon I wont have any trouble. I say bring it.

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14269

• [NLR]*XxXxX*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ur right bomer1. now it's like easy pickens B)

Last edit: by [NLR]*XxXxX*.

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14275

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Reid its bomber. I cant change my name on forum. My name use to be bomer1.

Re: No names 12 years 2 weeks ago #14284

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol, I agree! :) especiall the one character names, they're like targets!!! :P
See you in the skies!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.735 seconds